Nice Knowing You, 2008

I guess it's tradition everyone needs to blog about the good, the bad and the
fugly come the new year. Sorta like to sign off year 2008 before opening up
a new chapter in 2009. Since I'm already like 3 days late, I'll make this short but sweet ^_^
Looking back 2008, my proudest achievement ... my blog is born! Frankly, I never thought it would last even a month, and now it's already 10 months old. And it's all because of YOU!
Ooh..the sufferings of all those late blogging nights, brain-cracking, fingers twitching, eyes straining..thank YOU indeed :-D
I am thankful for my buddies of all shapes, sizes, and colours for sticking by me through thick and thin (or in my case, through the 'Fat' and the 'Thin' me)..You know who you are ^_^
I got my Zen Baby this year so it's now my most treasured companion on my LRT rides to and from work.
I joined my very first Treasure Hunt, had the greatest fun and came out tops!
I became a mountain/ cave lover and have this year, conquered G. Angsi, G. Datok, B. Melawati and Gua Niah.
It was all about supporting the local tourism in cuti-cuti Malaysia this year as I visited Penang, Miri and organised excursions to hometown Malacca twice. Plus the fact that I wasn't supposed to splurge on an overseas trip anymore...unless it was a 'sponsored' vacation. hehe. BUT I'm giving myself an exception if it's NZ! ^_^
I joined my very first Walkathon hosted by the MII (Msian Inst of Insurance) and well, let's not talk about where I finished. It's all for a healthy mind and body...hmm yes.
Looking forward to 2009
maybe I'll get my own pup!
Here's to new memories and sweet moments in my new crib
and to my NZ breakaway (a big 'IF' it happens...)

Surely this year, there'll be new challenges and obstacles I shall face,
new faces and places I shall see, old actions that might come back to haunt me (gulp).
But a guru recently told me to conquer it all, just 'begin with the end in mind'.
So how does the ending 'and she lives happily ever after' sound?
2009 can only be better.
Thanks for sharing...Siu V

3 comments:

  1. nicely said!!! :)

    looking forward to seeing ur new home ;).... and WHY did u NOT buy an ipod!!! :P hehehe...

    cheers and happy new year!!! wish u all the best facing 2009....

    ReplyDelete
  2. this new layout is really good!!! :) can read more clearly now....

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, i've always been a 'Creative' kind of person... :-)

    aiya u shud hv told me u were having trouble reading my old template..my poor readers...keke

    let's go GREEN now!

    ReplyDelete