Jap-Thai Fusion At Bibiwok

Since I'm 'obligated' to share all my good (and bad) eating experiences with my bloggees, it's my pleasure to tell you about this place which i deem a must-try.

On the day of my signing (signing what...tell you later), my sister and BIL (brother-in-law) brought me to this place in Bandar Puteri Puchong which serves tantalizing Japanese-Thai Fusion cuisine (downstairs) and Thai BBQ-Steamboat (upstairs, where we went).

This is how the upstairs restaurant looks like. For some reason (that I think nobody goes for steamboat/bbq at 3 pm), the place was totally empty.

Thankfully they were still open :-D
With those powerful chimneys to suck up the smoke and grease, you can choose to either dine seated comfortably at the table...
or choose a less civilised manner of sitting on the floor like what we did.
I hear their Thai-panyaki Set Lunch is quite good and affordably priced from RM 9.90.
However, we instead decided to try something more 'adventurous'...its Thai BBQ and Steamboat. By 'adventurous', I mean someone who luuuuuurveeees anything HOT and SPICY!
The appetizer - RM3 crackers deliciously seasoned with spices makes an addictive snack!
Sweet sourish SPICY kerabu to be eaten wrapped in cabbage leaves
These Wanton snacks also came along with the set...
I always liked those sweet thai chilli sauce that compliments the fried stuff.
This is the hot plate for our BBQ and a little space just nice for a small...and I mean smaaalll pot of broth for our steamboat. For the broth we chose tom-yam of course.
I find it rather brilliant grilling the meat on a piece of greased banana leave to enhance the flavour and avoid having to scrape off burnt meat from the plate.
Such a cute utensil they gave us...this looks like a mini paddle for a boat!
Not sure what its purpose was, I used it to turn the meat while cooking.
Look at the amount of meat consumed by only 3 of us! Apart from chicken, lamb and beef, there's about every type of seafood you can think of, scallops and mussels included. There's even ham slices. But one thing's missing that I wished they included in their set............vegetables..!
How we cooked the meat...
Indeed a long and slow cooking process...see how the banana leaves eventually get all crinkled up. After a while, we were all going like 'urgh, more meat ah?'
Very aromatic but this has got to be the spiciest tomyam soup in my books. Know why?
When pouring in the chicken broth, they throw in a small bowl of blended cili padi paste and they even do the same when we asked for additional soup later. Notice those floating green bits in the pot? Yup, that's the chilli alright.
You can imagine the soup gets spicier by the minute then eventually, every sip of the soup felt like someone just punched your stomach!
How's this to tempt you?
This ice-cold drink was my Life saver!!
Me right before chowing down my 'Kerabu wrapped in Cabbage'
I got excited when I recently saw this place featured on tv so I would like you to try it out someday ^_^
It's located at 16, Persiaran Puteri 1, Bandar Puteri, 47100, Puchong. If you can find Public Bank along the row of shophouses, then Bibiwok is just a stone's throw away.
If you're lost, contact +603 8060 7659 for directions.
Give them a try, y'all!

1 comment:

  1. haha yeaaa... that's reeeally near my home ;).... good food downstairs too. and right across the road, 'bumbu bali' serves pretty good balinese fare too...

    happy new year yah!!

    ReplyDelete