How to steal papaya leaves and still enjoy a good chicken chop later!

gasp! Here I am caught on camera 'stealing' leaves off someone's papaya tree. No, I wasn't at all trying to steal the fruit (I don't like papayas.. ~_~). I was more interested in the leaves for poor Jojo who was down with dengue on New Year's. Yup, a quick remedy..drink 2 tablespoons of papaya leaf juice...neat.
2 minutes and a brief stretching exercise later, managed to snitch only 2 leaves. The rest were just 'ketidaksampaian' unless I was willing to risk falling into the drain.
Fleeing the scene after passing the 'goods' to my 'very-satifsfied looking' accomplice
Upon arrival at Sunway Medical (to deliver the 'goods' to Jojo), couldn't resist not posing with our loot. I got 'guilt' written all over my face...hehe.
Sorry no cameras allowed in hospitals so we fast forward to dinnertime at Thomas Western, Tmn OUG.
Don't be fooled by its name or expect some posh, romantic dining place. Totally the opposite, it's a hawker stall selling western food located outside a coffee shop called Restoran Ong Lay.
Choy Phyll says the owner, Thomas had cooked for some hotel before, so hawker or not, I was looking forward to Western cuisine of some 'class'.
Glad to say, Thomas did not disappoint!
Mixed Grill - Everything was just perfect, from the generous amount of black pepper mushroom sauce that is not too over-powering to the impressive variety of greens to the tender meat so juicy from sponging up the sauces.
The Cordon Bleu...a package stuffed with all goodness inside!
...Oozing with cheese....who can resist!
See no eat...
2 main courses for only RM 21!
Thanks for the lovely dinner, Choy Phyll and hubby!

1 comment: