"Watchmen" Premier

While some lucky punks got to watch Jason Mraz in one of the best gigs ever to make it to our shores, I instead watched "Watchmen". It was a special premier screening at Mid Valley and the best thing about it, it was absolutely free. Apart from not knowing a single actor in this movie, I think what sells is that they share the same director as '300' (remember the name Zack Snyder), another movie I've yet to see. Set in a gritty and alternate 1985 in US, it tells the story of Rorschach, a costumed vigilante who investigates the murder of an ex-superhero. His journey reunites him with his former legion of superheroes, thus unraveling some of the deepest darkest conspiracies and secrets about them.
Adapted from a comic book, I wouldn't say this was a bad watch. Rather, this was a strange strange movie...one that is definitely not easy to direct or even edit!
If you're hoping for a fast-moving, feel-good, no-brainer storyline, then give this one a miss.
There were so many super-heroes hanging loose in the cinema lobby, I felt so safe!
My favourite character was definitely Rorschach himself (the masked guy with the hat on my left). Those black stains-like thingo on his mask were squirming and moving around all over his face the entire show, I couldn't get my eyes off it!
Guys watching will definitely swoon over the hOt hOt femme fatale of the movie, Laurie Jupiter, played by this actress known as Malin Akerman (Facts: she's Swedish, same age as me, ranked #59 on Maxim Hot 100 of 2008, acted in '27 Dresses'). She's the character who dresses up in the black and yellow suit above.
What I hadn't known was the duration of this movie...163 minutes!
So, unless you're up for a challenge, you do NOT want to catch this movie late at night.
And don't bring the kids! This is definitely an R movie with extremely strong graphic violence, sexuality (lots), nudity (aplenty!) and language (sometimes missed by censorship)!!


(Now, did I just make you feel like watching this even more so?)

1 comment:

  1. R movie?? shud be better watched uncut then :P hahaha.... a.k.a. pirated DVD...

    if you hadn't seen 300, you should... it's really interesting! visual effects there are similar to 'sin city'... looks almost comic-like environment, but at same time life-like... cool!!

    ReplyDelete