i have a job!

My thoughts today were 'at least i still have an office to go to every day'.........

...because i really cannot imagine NOT getting my salary every month.

I checked the latest on company layoffs that Jabil Circuit are to retrench 3000 workers worldwide and Nokia, another 1700 worldwide.

I shudder to think what if i'm one of those unfortunate (ex)Dell workers?

In Singapore, they actually have a retrenchment blog: http://retrenchment-blog.breaking.sg/ and how ironic that there's an ad in there on 'Jobs in Malaysia'. :P

I guess at this time of crisis, i could be thankful i'm not part of the banking, IT, transportation, electronic or manufacturing industry. talk about their volatility - during booming times, they are the very same industries where salaries rocket up like nobody's business. people say it's only a matter of time before the slump hits the rest of us but i sure hope my company survives this turmoil coz how else can i go on living if i lose my job.....AAAahhh....

I have had this nightmare i'll end up behind bars for defaulting on my housing loan payment!

But for now, we should just be contented we still have a job to wake up to every weekday.
Even if it means having to drag our lazy asses out of bed every morn.

No comments:

Post a Comment