'restoran pokok jati' for fish lovers

This is my final instalment of my Broga trip and

Yes, I'm still in Semenyih town hunting around for f-o-o-d when we stumbled upon this coffeeshop with the longest name ever. As you can see, it's quite an old shop and those people waiting around for a table are basically those Broga hill enthusiasts. Can you spot me?

Yada yada yada...nothing quite so special, char siew looks kinda dry and tough, plus there's no leafy vegetable in my wan tan mee. where cann.... :-o

and the curry mee looks a tad too plain...

In other words, you can actually give this a miss and save your stummy (read 'stomach'/ 'tummy') for the below!

This is how the shop looks like from the main road. You won't miss it, plenty of billboards and just 200m from Univ Nottingham.

No fret over limited parking space, which by the way, is also free.

Nobody comes here and NOT eat their fish! Though I don't think they actually allow the customers to choose their fish coz they all look the same. Only 1 type, I guess. Don't ask me what kind, the only breed of fish I recognise are the Nemo and Dory kind (not even edible, bahh!)

I LOVE the new Tropicana Twister drink! Much better than Peel Fresh but then again, that's siu V's personal opinion... :-O

It claims to contain 16 real oranges in one big bottle. That's like a good 2 weeks worth of Vit C.

We chose 2 cooking methods for the fish - Grilled...

...and Steamed. Both are equally good with a home-cooked feel to it.

Their recommendation of 'sai-to fishball soup' - of course if you know me, don't ask me what the balls tasted like.

Let see, there was also 'kangkung belacan' - my ultimate all-time favourite vege dish!

AND MY personal fave is the 'fried chicken' - guilty food no doubt, but dang, I just love those people who manage to perfect the formula of 'crispy on the outside, yet tender in the inside'.

- the hungry greedy pigs right before we gobbled down our food -

and suddenly you see me now plucking coconuts from someone's backyard...

It's Yin's crib in Semenyih and she was nice to offer us (foc!!) coconut water after our Broga climb.

I sure hope I've spurred your interest towards the many attractions of Broga, this small quaint town with big hopes and aspirations. Hmm, could it be because the word 'Broga' sounds so much like 'Blogger'...tsk..

No comments:

Post a Comment