Annual Dinner & Dance 2008

"hAhA~hAhA"...Vanessa & I have never been so happy that Annual Dinner's tonite!
Earlier, I was contemplating about what to do with my hair. Well, 44 hair pins and half a can of hair-spray later, ta-daah...! Op, this is the back view.
And front
:-D





ONE FOR THE ALBUM!!! Lots of photos to come...

Date & Place - 7/11/08 (Friday), Grand Ballroom Prince Hotel

Top/Jeans/Shoes/Bag - Future State, Forever 21, Alain Delon, Nine West (can you match which is what? :>)
Kudos to the A.D. Organising Committee who did such a fantastic job!
Our Theme - 'Jeans and Denim' (By far, the most 'economical' theme coz instead of splashing out money on some new gown, we could just pick out something from our existing wardrobe)

At the (warm) Reception, we were to randomly select a lucky draw number which also determined our seating arrangement. I ended up in one of the last row of tables, sitting with 9 others and whom I only know 4 (Chee Seng, Seah, Ms Peh and Victoria)!

Our door gift was a personalised mug (which was squarish, not to mention HUGE too!)



Me and Yin yin upon arrival
Moon (wah, in coat somemore!) & May Kwan (such an eye-catching shimmery blue blouse!)

Dinner, if I recall correctly started only at 8.30, with the customary 'Cold Dish' to warm my rumbling tummy. Maybe I was hungry, but this was actually really delicious! I give it an 8/10 :->










The Shark's Fin Soup further whetted my appetite! I for one, am against serving this dish during dinner; those poor sharks have their fins clipped then thrown back to the ocean to die (obviously without their fins, they can't swim!). Can someone tell me if this theory is true?
Anyway, I find that the Malays have a great liking towards this soup, probably because they very rarely get to enjoy it.





Vegetable dish with mushrooms thingy. Isn't this what the Westerners call 'bok-choy'?

Yin yin, Bee Jin & I
Wei Leng and I - This is the woman known as the Speedster in my company; everything she does (talk, eat, walk, work,...) she does with lightning speed! Not sure if she drives like an F1 driver too! Thank God I managed to catch her on camera that night...
Winnie N, me and Akma
Angie, Yin, Mark, me and Patrick ('What you got there in your hands ler, Patrick?')

Isn't it obvious by now that I AM taller than you, Mark?!
(I am, I am!)










Beauties in a parade...Esther, Belinda, Shiau Wei, Gwen, Fione & Shuk Yee!
The male colleagues in AXA should be so lucky there are so many babe-licious chicks in the office! Even their names sound seXy! Kwang kwang kwang... >.^
Jenny, me and Ngow Yong (Ngow Yong's 1st 'public appearance' after maternity break. Glad to have you back, mummy!)
Ok, let's do this from (R) to (L)...there's June Gan, Yin, Janice, me and Ms X (err, never really seen her before..whodat?)
Chee Seng (my dinner-table mate that night!), Yin (again..haha!.. it's her cam cam mah), Shiau Wei, Winnie W, ME and Dominic...WOW, never noticed Winnie had this blue streak of hair that night! Way KEWLLL....
Me, Derek and no prize for guessing the other person..haha! Derek was one of the many 'cowboys' vying for 'Best Dressed'
Li Jiun, Melody, Yin and Jin
Try spotting the 12th person in this picture!
Esther about to go 'Muaksss!' on me while
Yin goes 'Hmm, tummy getting bigger la, Esther'
Choy Phyll and Ai Lin are just the 'side props' (haha!) and don't even get me started on Tan appearing from nowhere...
A BEAMING Choy Phyll ^_^ and I
This photo is so cute coz everyone's posing so straight with hands at the side! hehe...

MarkLim impersonating Louis impersonating someone else!
Commercial Lines super team!

Our own AXA dancers strutting their stuff on stage

Game time - may the best Lion Dance wins!
There was even a magic show that left many of us (well, me at least!) scratching our butt, screaming in our hearts 'HOW DID HE DO THAT?!' Grrr, that's the thing about magicians...they get on my nerves!






Muahaha...my winning number, 2205! Not much though, just a RM 100 Jusco Voucher which I'll probably pass on to my Mum so she can buy me more things to eat!
Siew Fong, Siu~V and Yin
Last but not least, the 'Healthiest' Team on the planet; Jo-Jo, Ai Lin, Choy Phyll, ME and Pris. Minus the Boss, of course!
So, as night falls, we danced the night away till about 1.30 am and after a light supper, a super-tired me only managed to crawl into bed at 5 am. I'm glad I managed to get more shots with my friends this year (I only had 1 photo last yr!) So till next year... :->

4 comments:

  1. congrats on winning ur voucher!!! :D ganbatte!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms X is Ms Low la (PSC Melaka person-in-charge) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Low Sin Ping, u mean?? Ohhhh...i hope she doesnt come into my blog.. :->

    ReplyDelete
  4. oneoftheorganisingcommitteeFri May 01, 10:50:00 PM

    Hey siuV, just to clarify, we r also against serving shark's fin soup thats y we also DID NOT serve! we replaced it with some seafood soup. taste great right? u didnt even realize it was not shark's fin soup. But... yup, u got the objective of the dinner theme right ;)

    ReplyDelete