nong & jimmy for some thai

If you are an ardent fan of Thai food, you might have heard of Nong & Jimmy in Taman Cahaya, Cheras. Always a jam-packed restaurant, it's outdoor so it can be pretty warm dining here, unless you find yourself a nice spot right in front of their huge fans.
And you had better be quick to order as everything here is fast-paced, including the time to order till the time they take to serve your dishes. Don't be like Mark who was dreaming...
or like us 3 musketeers who were busy taking photos while the 'auntie' waited in exasperation for us. hee.
This is their popular appetizer, Yue Tiao with Kaya Dip. I must say the quality of the bread is not too consistent as it was more chewy and tasted somewhat 'uncooked' compared to my last visit..why oh why...
Steamed Fish was the best dish by far..yum...
Sotong Bakar - quite rubbery and dry..i only had 2 pieces!
looks more like mushrooms here
Tom Yam Soup - you know it's my favourite!!..b..but not so up to my standard la this one! It IS spicy though.
The ever popular Kangkung Belacan! For me, tastes good whoever cooks it.
Something you might usually see dished up at home, is the Mixed Vegetable Platter.
Still we did our best to gobble up everything!
And even managed to get their busy staff to take our gang photo!
All in all, the din din was around RM 90 for 5 of us, so go figure.

For me, it was a slight disappointment as I find the quality of food has deteriorated since my visit here last year. Still telling myself my taste-buds were probably just out-of-sync that night. Hee..Unless someone can convince me otherwise, this place's a stay-away area for me for now.

3 comments:

  1. hahaha. no wonder jen wasnt smillin in d lst pic hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh...this place used to be a must to recommend for my tomyam lover friends..so far, most if not all have given thumb-up feedback. Perhaps, it's time for us to explore new Thai food place. Anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haluuu Babe,

    I rasa U sesuai la ganti Maria Tunku Sabri for her Jalan-Jalan Cari Makan. Yang I jeles tu, "mencekik" byk mane pun, badan tetap maintain U!

    ReplyDelete