newly weds **ziintat & maykwan**

first of all, i'm inclined to say..."maykwan, if you're reading this, sorry it took me almost a month to put these up!" (at least i finally did! ;>) doesn't this look like 2 sisters in a print ad for toothpaste? *chingg!*
2/5/09 was the wedding dinner of my colleague, May Kwan. she's the one in white. duh.
people say we were sorta having similar hairstyles that night, but i assure you, mine was much more unruly as i had mine done some 8 hours earlier.. so you can imagine that by night time, my baby hair was getting out of formation! thank god there weren't any close-up shots of me. hee...
The place is Summer Palace Restaurant, Wisma Dijaya, PJ.
Even though seated at the back of the hall, i just HAD to make my way to the front just to be able to show you the main table with its centrepiece and stage and the wedding cake and the blurred powerpoint presentation. Bet you do not know that the beauty of d centrepiece at the main table is a real biggie in a wedding dinner.
Here's a shot of the menu that night.
me with the claims and broking execs
For the record, I did my hair where I've always had it done - at my regular unisex salon along Brickfields. I'm like one of their 10% non-Indian patrons. I think I got a good deal for only RM 20.
my oh my, me and my biggest smile
Here were the dishes and their 'glamour' names...
Happiness Four Season Platter
Braised Shark's Fin Soup with Crab Meat
(sorry I had to down you, sharky but you were too delicious to be just sitting in front of me..)
Roasted Chicken
Steamed Pomfret
(really expensive fish, I heard)
Stewed White Cabbage with Beancurd Stick and Black Mushroom
(at home, we just call it 'Mixed Vegetables')
Baked Tiger Prawn with Sesame (yikes!) Honey Sauce
like prawns coated with gazillions of black stinky bugs(!)
Fried Rice with Assorted Seafood
(the 'heaviest' dish is always the last so guests have no reason to leave still feeling hungry)
Chinese Pancake and Mochi (?)
(made up this name myself as the menu calls them 'Sweet Fancy Duets' and I find the name funny) Chilled Sweet Corn Cream with Sago
(this was niiicee)
The beautiful bride and her change of clothes no. 1:
that's a beaming Esther (Maykwan's mum) in the background
Change of clothes no.2 :
they look sooooooooooo frigging matching together! love this dress, btw.
how come the groom doesn't need to change?
To the new Mr and Mrs Liew,
* What both of you have is something so sweet and true;
May you soon have many little ones to play masak2 with you *
(lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment