a chance to catch american idol finale gone *poof*

Are you a fan of American Idol? Coz I AM!
Recently Hitz.FM/ Starworld ran this contest on air to gather a group of about 10 participants to select one winner to watch the finale live in L.A. As these lucky few gathered at Cineleisure one recent Sunday for the ultimate showdown, 3 additional places were alloted that day for the public to play too!
Talk about a chance of a lifetime (!), my friend 'Mr Lucky' Marky's name was drawn to join in the game..he was also the first person to register for the draw leh (no 001)!

The game as you can see was 'Giant Human Monopoly'.

Basically it's exactly like the home version kind, 'cept that the humans were the playing pieces. Using a giant dice, the objective was to finish the 'walk-of-fame' on the board while collecting as many golden tickets as one can. And how so?
Well, depending on which box you land on, you either need to answer an A.I.-based question (which ain't easy at all),
or perform some kinda stunt known as 'live action' which, err of course is meant to embarass the players a bit...(boy oh boy, now I'm grateful I didn't get picked! heee)
Marky doing the turtle spin, then was later called a TMNT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle)
Then, Marky had to do a catwalk pulak, followed by the infamous Michael Jackson squeal, "Owwh'
Number of golden tix looking good, Mark!..so far.
But oh nooo, he had to go land on a penalty box where 3 golden tix were taken from him!! =_=
awww, man..

There was a tie between the 2 winners so they had to battle it out with their best rendition of a song from A.I.
While finalist #2 sang 'Endless Love' rather effortlessly, it was Finalist #1 who charmed us all with his jovial version of 'I'm Yours' sung to his son! Can you believe he was playing the game earlier with his son in his arms the entire time? Hmm, strategy in play, perhaps?
oh Hohh..that lucky b*gger!!
You can even hear him on air nowadays, gloating about his win! Benjamin's his name, me think.
At least Mark got to go on stage for his few minutes of fame and was even in an exclusive photo shoot with the rest of dem players. Should have asked Starworld when you will appear on TV ler dude!
And I played cheerleader for almost 2 hours during the monopoly game. Yes, it took THAT long for the first player to cross the finishing line + collect a bonus of 5 golden tix! Lucky Benjamin ler tu.
All contestants got a goodie-bag at the end of the day..check out their Idol T-shirts!
Ean's T even says 'Ryan' at the back; no points for guessing that JJ's T says 'Seacrest'!


JJ and Ean called Mark 'Mr Speedy' as he was always throwing sixes and fives and getting way ahead from everyone else on the board. Maybe that's why Ean can't wait to cekik him.
My turn to pose with the Morning Crew. cool.
So what if we didn't win the biggie, chances like this don't come every day.
At least I got my Jennifer Hudson & Kelly Clarkson cds, Idol T-shirt and A.I. speakers!
While we're on this subject, can I just say I really really hope Adam Lambert is the next American Idol! Rock on, baby!

siuV out.

4 comments:

  1. Turtle power! dang.... if oni i cud have drawn an earlier number..if i cudve answered more....if i didnt get a 3 tix penalty...if mr ben wasnt here...haha so many ifs. but at least it was fun! n go go adam!!! cant believe he was bottom 3 tho...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had fun though. Thank you so much for chilling out with us...

    ps: it's really me. I found your blog by going to www.blogsearch.google.com and type JJ hitz . Yes I google myself sometimes.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg, JJ?! For real??!

    dunchu GotCha me, dude!! 0_o

    ReplyDelete
  4. walau.... siuV u r more famous now LOL!

    ReplyDelete