krispy kreme is in town!

Back in those days, a doughnut to me means
(1) the kuih keria (made from sweet potato) that my mum buys from the morning market; or
(2) the occasional castor-sugar-topped doughnut from the supermarket bakeries.

simple.

Now, when i mention 'doughnut', the mind starts thinking 'chocolate? almond? strawberry? tiramisu? peanut? vanilla? glazzy? original? etc...' (whatdaheck is an 'Original Doughnut' anyway)

evolution.

If before, there were the 2 big names hogging the doughnut scene, now there's a third...

Do you know they've been around since 1937?

I had my first one in HK International Airport 2 years ago and it cost me like RM 5.

I had my second one (and 3rd and 4th and 5th...haha no-lah) 2 days ago and it only costs like half the price.
Sure they aren't as creatively flavoured and designed like the other 2, but the pastry's got more oomphh to it.
And can i just say it's a tad too sweet for me.......i can't get any sweeter u know ^_^

3 comments:

  1. u shd mentioned bout d super duper long queue for free supplies of doughnuts. d gal who waited 65 hours got 1 year worth of free supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...it's memang too sweet for our tastebud;-)
    1st two are still the best..hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. wua more donuts?? i tot the Jco craze is over alredi...

    berjaya group must have their fingers in every pie....

    ReplyDelete