My Elephant

What a cute name for this new Thai Restaurant tucked in the corner of Section 17, PJ (near Happy Mansion apartments). It was empty when we arrived there for din din at 7.30...a cosy, dimly-lit place.
This is the bar cum drinks counter. Service was excellent as the staff there only had us to serve! (for now)
Soothing for the eyes...our table centre-piece
Me and my din din date (who refuses to be publicly displayed in my blog!)
why does my face look so chubby in photos... ->-
My favourite section in any Thai restaurant menu...can you guess?!
YOU decide whether it's too pricey a place... :p
For me, it suits the environment alright.
They served us healthy brown rice...my mum would be so proud of me!! *beaming gleefully*
"Khai Jiao Ho Moh" Egg (Omelette with Otak Otak, that's "brain brain") - 6/10 as I could not really taste the brain brain which was pretty smashed up and mixed together with the egg.
"Gaitod Chicken" - Fried Chicken strips marinated in bla..bla... 8/10 - Although in strips, the meat was tender and moist, just enough crunch in the right places and perfectly complemented with the sweet thai sauce.
THIS I could never live without....!
"Tom Som Chicken" (Clear Galangal-Lemongrass-Lime Soup with Aromatic Thai Herbs) - also their best selling soup! Full of mushrooms, chicken, tomatoes and just enough lemongrass bits and basil leaves to keep you occupied while trying to extract them from your soup. Even though we chose this "clear" tom yum version (which usually means a mildly spicy concoction), it turned out to be super super HOT! - 8/10 for overall taste...10/10 on the HOT-ometer!
Look, there's a Star Fruit in my Tom Yum...!
Final bill = RM 58.80 (plus a 10% S.C.) Can you believe this place was a full house when we left. Many come with their families, seemingly knowing and greeting one another. Some bring along their maids and wine to dine with.
With regulars constantly walking in by the minute, My Elephant is definitely here to stay!
p.s. - interested? Call siu~V at 016-xxx xxxx to bring you there, afterwhich you just need to feed her ^>^

3 comments:

  1. hehehe... your din din date... issit just so happen to be that apparition in the blurred foreground of your first picture???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brain2 sounds yummy... not! Thanks for spoiling my appetite considering that Otak2 is one of my fave foods :P

    Hmm... who was that lucky date of urs? So secretive, makes me even more curious... LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. rumour has it the lucky date was her housemate ;)... hehehe...

    ReplyDelete