Happy Ever After...Cher & Hubby

First of all, I feel so bad that I'm always so backdated (not out-dated ya!) in my blogging lately.
For instance, this are photos from a very happy occasion that happened on 7th Dec (Sunday)... +.=
This was the wedding din din of my colleague cum ex Sports Club committee, Cher Lee Chan and hubby, Hon Meng.
Now, how do you pronounce the name Cher? like the singer 'Cher'?/ 'cheer'/ 'chair'/ 'share'?
huu huu so embarassing...why can't people call you Lee Chan?
Anyways, this was the photo album placed at the reception area to draw in the ooohs and aaahs from guests like us. This glamorous affair was held in Oversea Restaurant (Seri Petaling) and thanks to the 'human GPS' of Moon and Sa-jie, getting there was a piece of cake (Parking certainly wasn't like eating cake as we kinda arrived only after the crowd had poured in, thus taking up every available nearby empty spot in this residential area).
Aaaanyways, this blurred pic (not sure why...pretty sure I checked after snapping!) is the menu for the night. Dun the 2 little hearts look adorable? =.-
See..we were considered 'early' coz so many empty chairs still! And yet, the place was really crowded as I think there were at least 2 other weddings going on simultaneously in the same restaurant! At least Cher & hubby got the bigger hall and main stage.... =P
I just lurvee looking at wedding cakes to see which ones make it into Siu V's Book of Records for erm...the tallest/ biggest/ prettiest/ most fake-looking (?)/ most delicious (if it was real) cake. I used to think the WHOLE cake was edible and all guests would enjoy a slice afterwards............Hmm, what's the deal with cake cutting anyway? I thought you only do that on birthdays...(like mine recently!...*beaming*)
Why don't they cut a pizza/ a ribbon/ something...?
So I came with Moon and Sa-jie ...but I didn't get to sit with them! Waaahh so sad .....
Mark says I looked like I came from the 60's...(ooh is that bad) ...'cept I was missing a white hair band.....hey I got one alright..just that I didn't want to ruin my RM 20 (fula so expensive!!!!) hairdo....hiak hiak....
ok, gonna reveal where I got this wrap-round dress...
......Comma...
and for only err..
I 'mix and match'-ed with a pinkish tube (try squinting) from Fashion Lab (yes yes my fave brando!). Turned out, the tube material was too soft, the cloth was all wrinkly like a bulldog ... haha..
Cher in a traditional white gown. The headgear's really something...and it looks like she's holding a plant in some kinda vase...The dress is really pretty though!
The people at my table were the 'ji-mui' and 'heng-dai' for the ceremony (day & night)...'cept me, coz I couldn't wake up on time! :-}
Lim Jit Kai (to my right), Siew Fong, Joey and Chin (seated)
Here I am 'intruding' into another (AXA) table for their photo session...
Sick of our faces dy? hehe, then let me show you some of the dishes served....beginning with
this Cold Dish...see those halved sotong balls stuffed with salted egg? THAT was niccceee....
Nothing fancy about this...I just HAD to show you this chicken with the head served to us!
We couldn't find the backside though.
This plate of Mixed Vege really looks.......mixed! ...something my mum would dish out from the kitchen.
Pomfret, right? They should rename it 'Wedding Fish' because that's about the only species of fish all weddings serve. Knowing the Chinese, must have some significant meaning to it.
The other (AXA) table has Karen, Li Kian, Fione and Belinda
Shir Ley, Jin & I
Tan (my left) Mark, Sa-jie, Pee Wan and Angie (Seated)
Semangat la, Mark!
'Take Two!' while Shir Ley and Jin went to the Loo
I really like this angle of the toast made! May also serve as a shampoo advertisement for shiny shimmering hair.
The groom attempting a Pavarotti ... with a bunch of backup singers.
Actually they are the brothers, sisters and cousins who got the couple onstage to render Westlife's 'If I Let You Go' ; the so-called couple song.
Now I'm wondering how does a couple identify 'their song'.... is it like
- the first song they danced to?
- the first song they both liked playing on the radio? or
- they just choose A song and go like .....'umm, this song ok or not become our song?................Oooh-Kie-lah!'
If I ever had a 'couple song' before, I think it was LFO's 'Girl On TV'.
Ya, pretty old song (if you know)
This hip hop era, it's got to be like a TI/ Chris Brown song eh? hahaha...
I think both of them looked so matching!
Stay happy and blessed always.... cheers! ^>^

1 comment:

  1. well, i kinda like ur dress... sweet!

    but yea, bit old fashion... then again, who cares!

    ReplyDelete