My Wedding (Part 4) - Dinner in Malacca

Can you believe that this week, I experienced my most hectic 5 days ever of my 6 years working in AXA? In case you had forgotten, I'm a health insurance underwriter. In other words, I determine which good risk to insure and which to decline.

You see, ever since the government (with the shortest notice) made it mandatory for all foreign workers in Malaysia to purchase medical insurance (and there are 1.8 mil of them), my life has been turned upside down with endless phone calls and emails from agents and brokers and colleagues of mine demanding for their policies, this and that and more. Coupled with an unstable IT system plus shortage of manpower, I actually became so afraid of answering my phone - I didn't want to go to work! My entire department was in utter chaos with everyone running all over the place like headless chickens.    

Hmmph, all these negative vibes are totally unhealthy for me!

So I decided to chill by looking through my picture archive and guess what I found which I have yet to post up...photos of my wedding dinner in Malacca. Not exactly a recent event, just about happened 5 months ago on 7th of August last year. =)

My dad surveyed around and finally picked out the restaurant, New Lagoon in Melaka Raya. I of course, trusted his taste in the food served and said yes, especially since they got us a private room that could comfortably sit 50 guests.
  
 It was to be a small family affair, nothing fancy yet the aim was to treat loved ones to a simple course dinner and enjoy the closeness among relatives while at the same time, thanking them for their well wishes for dear and I.

Here I was selecting songs at the karaoke machine since they didn't have a player that could play my fave songs on CD. :-<
I recall at one point, I even hid the microphone for fear some karaoke addict would later hog it and sing away my entire night.
 It was a full house that night. So glad everyone made it.
 Me with mum and big sista. Doesn't my mum's outfit just rock? I helped pick it out wan leh.
 My sis-in-law (Irene) with her mummy dearest who came from Singapore.
Loving Irene's dress...
 Thanks for lending 'both' hands, my helpful and dedicated 'assistant' cum cousin Sarah.
 Mum never looked happier in a photo, seen here with Aunty Monica, late grandma's cousin.
 Finally seated at our VIP table, we got to take more pictures...
 Squeezing in with Hwee Nee and Ravin (Mark's sister and bf).
 Does my hair style really look like an alien's head like dear claims it does?
It's called high fashion ler.
 Much to my delight, the food turned out to be really good! Phew, what a relief especially when it comes to giving the best to your family and relatives. 
 Somewhere in between here, is supposed to be a picture of the shark's fin soup we all had. Missing from my archive dunno why.

I like the dishes here simply coz it's unique, like this fish cooked in 2 different ways..steamed and deep fried.
Doesn't the presentation look swell?
 We even got Peking Duck! My fave...
 Another noteworthy dish was this serving of noodles. Oodles of fun-filled gravy.
 A Malacca favourite, Coconut Jelly.
 I got to enjoy my dinner like the rest, instead of rushing to change my attire during intervals like other brides would do.

 Ravin was one funny guy with lots to talk about.
 While Mark and I got jaw ache from smiling nonstop that night,
 some naturally had smiles pasted on their faces the whole night, like my cousin Mei Yee.
 In fact, I think Dad was the busiest that night, going around table to table flashing his signature smile ...
 ,,,and hand gestures.
 As proven below...

Hmm, something he picked up from his teaching profession during the good old days?
 Just as I thought we would avoid having to chug down wine or liquor (since this was not the traditional wedding dinner), along came cousin Alicia...

 "oh oh, what have we gotten ourselves into..."
 Mark making sure the glass is equally filled...
 One glass of wine wouldn't hurt anyone, so CHEEEEEERS!!!
 Then out of nowhere came my other cousin, Josephine.
 And yet another cousin, Jason....
 Even little Mei Yee wanted to join in the fun, so it was yet again a toast of wine against Chinese tea.
 Drink up now, everyone!
 Lucky for me, dear drank quite a few on my behalf. He was lobster red by the end of the night. lol.
 Last but not least it was time for group shots...







 Dad and Mum must be so proud of us, as we all are of you both!
 Little Mei Yee steals the limelight....lol
 At last, we are ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY!
 Though we kept the whole wedding as simple as A, B, C with the simplest of tea ceremonies and family dinners, it was a great start to a wonderful journey we are about to take.

A very memorable night for me indeed as one happy blushing bride...
 But dead tired by the end of it all.
(scared you with that last photo, didn't i......hehe)

1 comment:

  1. hi, i am very interested to book this restaurant as well. do you have the add or phone no?
    thanks...

    ReplyDelete