annual dinner 2010 - royale chulan

A cardboard cut-out of The Statue of Liberty welcomes us to my company's 2010 Annual Dinner held last Nov.

It was my first time in The Royale Chulan (along Jalan Conlay) and I've always been fascinated by their 'heritage meets modernisation' external architecture.
The stage backdrop for the night...
It was a huge crowd and as our past years, seating arrangement was randomly drawn (bummer...) especially since my company just merged with another organization, it was supposedly the best chance to 'blend in'. Just my luck, I was stuck at this table with 8 other Malays (of which 6 were totally strangers to me). Talk about bonding, the entire night was so loud and cramped with non-stop programmes (too many, I must say), we couldn't even listen to each other in the dinner hall.
By the number of committee members elected for this Annual Dinner, they could easily have been the production crew of a movie.
You be the judge of our dinner that night... Ok laa, better than the usual economy rice and dishes.
I did not get to try each and every dish as I was mostly hanging out just outside the ballroom halfway through dinner. Simply too noisy inside.
On a more interesting note, our theme was International Night, hence the variety of colors and costumes that lit up the night. It was so awesome to see everyone (ok, almost everyone) play dress up.
I say I'm dressing Western. lol.
Ok, I admit, I was plain lazy to return the costume the following day IF I actually borrowed one.
Me with Belinda

Me with Fione


Me with Su Hua



Can you spot me tugging at Derek's pig tail...

Anybody wan some milk from the milk-maid?

Normala looks just smashing!

Lovely Simone! Will miss ya gurl..


Vanessa's so cutesy in her kimono and Jin, how in the world did you find such a perfectly-fitting cheongsam!

We got some really bold warriors amongst us in AXA! wo-wo-wo-wo-...

My Department Buddies.....Go Go Health!
By 12 midnight, the event was still going on and for sure, most of us stayed on for the Grand Lucky Draw (RM2K I think), of which I didn't win.....Oh well, at least I already won a slow cooker (again!) earlier on. Notice I mentioned 'again(!)'? Luckily, after some coaxing, I managed to switch the slow cooker for a vacuum cleaner instead. heehee.

People were getting restless as the night grew longer and longer...
but all was forgiven and spirits uplifted as the booze kept on flowing on and on and on.....all night.
Till next year......I better start praying for lady luck to be by my side when Grand Draw comes by.

No comments:

Post a Comment