Halo Cafe...HAH! .a total disgrace!


Selamat Hari Raya to my beloved friends and family (",) My wishes are so belated but I've been pretty preoccupied to even go online..Aaah finally, it's back to normal life..here I am in my bed, blogging with my laptop on my lap (no pun intended), feeling so grateful that I'm not sitting in one of those horrible horrible jams on the highways so packed with those driving home from the hols. I've been listening to the traffic reports and it's so bad, the announcer wants everyone to delay the journey...8 car pile-up on Pg Bridge, fallen trees, faulty traffic lights, heavy rain...boy, even the reporters are scurrying on their feet tonite feeding on news..I do pray everyone reaches their destination safe and sound... :D

Boy, it's been a hectic 6 days...not so much of a rest for me and I've missed blogging! And to the someone who asked me how come only 2 entries in Sept...aaargh...I know...so shameful and unlike me rite? ><>
It was the eve of Raya (a Tues) and it's jolly nice the Co gives us half day off, as it usually means it's Pavi-day...time to have the longest lunch ever! haha...I had pancakes for lunch (blogging it later) and did some bread shopping...ok, A LOT of bread shopping... hey Raya eve tradition...have a mini tea party with your colleagues!

Ok, at this point, I sense you asking how does Halo Cafe fit in? Well, gonna story you now..I'm referring to the newly opened Halo Cafe outlet in Jaya One, PJ. The story is we went there for dinner and what we experienced after the dinner was inarguably the BEST example of how to turn your customers away (for GOOD!) with the feeling so disgusted and repulsive they'd think a pile of Vomit is just mushed-up baby food!

You know those heavy-duty steel scrubs for washing hard-stained pots? haha, not sure if I'm describing it correctly...but we found one strand of its wire mesh in their Sui-Kow Noodle Soup! And it was discovered only after the victim (who prefers to remain anonymous, so we shall call him Mr Booble) finished the last sip of soup! While Mr Booble was oh-so calm with this startling discovery of the Unidentified Foreign Object, the rest of us decided that justice must be withheld (esp shortly after, Mr Booble made a dash to the loo for oh-wat-we-feared was due to some sort of major bowel movement caused by none other than the UFO!)

At first, we were incoherently brushed aside by the waiters (who looked so blur, they made squids look like the smartest creatures around) but the worse has yet to come...We called to see the branch manager, for which we were presented with a Mr I-S-A-A-C (http://www.babyzone.com/: 'Isaac' is a Hebrew name for 'he who laughs')...well, he certainly did not get the last laugh..Anyways, he was mumbling stuff like it was an accident from the kitchen staff,...he will inform them,...bla bla...after much persuasion, he agreed to void the noodles from our bill...I should add that at this point in time, their customer comment card that we had been so busy filling up was already full of negative remarks!

Bill comes along...and voila! they still charged for the noodles and worse still, only the noodles price alone was given a 20% disc...which came up to a disc of only RM 1.78! Come onnn...what an insult to us...plus Mr Isaac certainly did not live up to his word! There was heated argument (with much phrases and proverbs expressed in Cantonese, thanks to Mr Booble's sidekicks)with the sc*mbag giving the silliest reasons that because Mr Booble had finished the entire bowl of noodle, he had to charge something for it...! Had the UFO been found DURING the course of 'devouring' the noodles, then he would have let it off f.o.c...rotfl...such rubbish..

Other notable remarks by him...they are not a high-class cafe so we should not expect high-class service (what da...?!) ... him giving the 20% disc is already the BEST of his capability (so useless i must say)..and all the time I was shaking my head at him...soooo taken aback by his PR skills...and nil customer values..even a cow can tell you this is NO way to do business, man! Havent they heard that 'Customer is King!'? and especially when they're newly opened, does he even know how harmful bad publicity through word-of-mouth can cost them? look at what I'm doing now, for goodness sake! And this most repugnant behaviour coming from the man-in-charge himself (or so he claimed he is...who hired this person anyway!)

The way we were treated, in the end we 'volunteered' to pay the full-price for the noodles, got him to give us the revised bill....and HE DID EXACTLY THAT! hahaha...how much higher can I throw my hands in the air/.. unbelievable!.....and at the end of the day, we left that place with our heads held high because we had made our point, and whether it was taken or not, we certainly felt sorry for that place and its management...not surprised if it doesnt survive for long.....

This is a perfectly true story and while no living creatures were harmed in any way that night (cept for poor Mr Booble), I certainly would have liked to Ka-PoWed Isaac that nite. Back to the name card above, to an Ong Ai Wooi out there, this is so you know what happened....On the other hand, if Ong Ai Wooi and Isaac are the same person, then eeewww .. shame on you!
ALRIGHT, I can sleeep in peace now.....zzzz

2 comments:

  1. Can't agree more to what u write...
    Correction to add another 'charge' to the irresposible Captain "I" - he promised to void the charges for the affected noodles, but when the bill 1st came, NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE! After a "gentle" reminder only he came back with a 20% discount on the noodle which is equivalent to RM 1+...oh my god! This is how he 'claimed' he is responsible and had done his best! I hope someone can suggest more channels where we can let more people know about this or let someone take action against the restaurant for being so 'accidentally careless'....oh gosh..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do you call him Mr Booble? hahahahaha....

    ReplyDelete