Mummy's Birthday Outing

Mum's birthday was all about pulling the same prank on the same people.....TwiCe! Just like during Dad's birthday in May earlier (gonna be blogging about this afterwards), the same 2 people (Bro & wifey, Vic & Irene) popped into KL unannounced... :p. ohkayy, maybe we were kinda running out of ideas dy but it still made the old folks happy!hehe.. The date was 3rd Oct 2008(Sat): 12 midnite - there was literally a rude awakening (from my slumber actually) when Vic sent an sms to Millie & I informing us his bus is arriving fr S'pore at 5 am! *shake head*..truly, that's something only my dear brother can pull off! Thereafter, the 3 of us were text messaging one another, laying out further details of our so-called 'mum-scam'. Pretending to be asleep all along, I was text messaging in a room of total darkness (and silence!), clicking on the handphone keypad ever soooo gently, all the while keeping Samsung baby under the pillow to cover its glaring lights! Trust me, it's no easy task trying to be as discreet and silent as a mouse especially since i've got dad sleeping in the same room and mum in the same bed! Hallelujah for my dad's loud snoring...I was actually text messaging following the tempo of his snores! hahahaha...If my mum (who is a very light sleeper) had noticed, she must have thought I was secretly talking to some guy.. *_*...
So, eventually I dozed off only to be awaken by my vibrating Samsung baby at 6am. Sneaked out of the bedroom (mum & dad still sleeping), and there they were... zombie-eyed Millie, Jason, Victor and Irene sitting in the living room, waiting to spring a surprise for mum. True enough, my mum got up to find me missing from bed far too long (and early), she thought i 'lao sai' (diarrhoea!)..went to check up on me and walked right into our little SuRpriSe! Pretty kewl expression on her face...and it came with the usual 'HHHAAAaaaaa...' (with a slight whiny tone)
By then, sun was up so time to drag our feet out of the house..had to make the most of time coz Vic & Irene's bus home was 12 midnite that same nite!
Brekkie was at Yut Kee (yey again) then shopping in The Gardens.
"Do I look more like my Mummy (above)or Daddy? gegege... "

Sales in Robinsons! But Isetan (Gardens outlet) is still my no.1 preference when it comes to clothes, clothes and more clothes!




Recognise this place? This is us driving towards the main entrance of Batu Caves...Coincidentally, also my first time here... you've been?
This is how it looks from afar, statue and all. Not particularly sure whom the statue is supposed to represent though..guess I should've read the history of this place...wekkk..
Mum and Millie cracking up
"ooh waah so much climbing to do.."



Aaw come on, it's just like climbing up 10 flights of stairs...easy peasy.....
Irene and Vic caught taking a breather
Beautiful view of the caves above the steps..it's like going towards the heavens....

Looking fit and hanging tough, Mum and Dad!
Millie and Jason...hey, how come no one's taking MY picture.. o_0
*pant pant*..just a few more steps....




272 steps in total!
More caves beyond!

Another flight of stairs?!





Indian temple in the caves...that's Victor crooozing past..
Geography lesson: Stalagtites and stalagmites...which is which now...hmmm
Feed the pigeons, you tourists.....no wait, can you see a couple of little monkeys dashing forward for the peanuts?
Monkey up-close....just don't get too personal with me!


We made it back down...this is Dad taking our picture, and part of him (his finger, I think) wanting to be part of it.
Nothing like a cool, refreshing coconut afterwards...
View from where I sat with my coconut...haha...
Verdict of Batu Caves: Good place to get some light work-out, especially if you love monkeys! Lots, and I mean LOTS of them scurrying about, they'll drive the (pea)NUTS out of you..they come so close to you, you can actually bring one home! Nice breezy place too..not too hot/ sticky afterwards....Did not have time to go to the 'Dark Caves' though...promises to be a fun 3-hr caving adventure! Next time, perhaps ><
Fast forward to dinner time at Dragon-i, Pavi...Mum and her Walnut Mocha birthday cake from Lavender! Deliciously light and chocolatey...We made her blush and she went her usual "HHHAAaaaaa..." when we sang her a birthday song in the restaurant....
All in all, a fun-filled birthday (yet again! ^_^) thanks, guys!
And we love ya lots, Mum!

No comments:

Post a Comment