How I Spent My Raya...

Raya was smacked right in the middle of the week so I stayed in KL and managed to talk 2 of my buddies into heading over to uncle Badawi's open house in PTWC (I've always wanted to be part of some minister's open hse coz I heard the food served is super-SEDAP!)...So, the morning started with Jin and Yin having dim-sum for bfast while I was still snoring in bed.. After all, my date with uncle Badawi only starts at 12.30 k! I have no idea where this dimsum stall is..I'm just including their photos here coz Jin looks so cute with her toothy-grin...like a bunny...and there's F-o-o-D involved!
Does this place look familiar to anyone out there?

I must say the lor-mai-kai (glutinous rice with chicken) looks very tempting...anything with mushrooms on it is a turn-on for me! hehe...
Chee Cheong Fun (rice flour thingo)...no sesame seeds pls..urrgh
hurrayy...I made it out of bed and we were right on time for uncle Bad! lemang, rendang, sate, ayam percik, roti jala, mutton...wow, the food was the best ever on this planet and we each got a RM 50 green packet!!...... righht, who am I kidding...the queue was a kill-er! With hundreds in front of us, we decided KFC was a better bet (even if we had to pay for it ourselves)...uncle Bad would have been so happy to see throngs of 'supporters' (for him/ the fooood I wonder). Lesson learnt : Go during its closing stages...around 4pm..provided there's still food left.


We drove around for a while along the ghostly streets of KL till our rumbling tummies brought us to 'Yut Kee'...
...an old-fashioned coffee shop nicely tucked in the corner of Jln Dang Wangi.
It is guarantee-packed during lunch hour..however their first-come first served basis makes service very prompt and systematic..


It is truly advantageous coming in a small group, you get your table much faster! Otherwise, you can attempt to come dressed in 60's style, like me...hehe
Their 'Lime and Asam Boi' drink is worth a mention and I heard their Kopi, bla bla is good too!

tsk tsk tsk Jin, such a teaser with your red lacey thong...

Chicken chop and pork chop are very reasonably priced at RM 8 and RM 9...i like the roasted potatoes!
Open wide now...plane landing....




This is a MUST MUST TRY...Hokkien Mee/ Beehoon...looks plain and dull but extremely tasty and addictive!
Another best seller is their Kaya Swiss Roll (RM8 for 2 Rolls) and Marble Butter Cake (finished for the day)
French Toast with Kaya on its side..this is very good too...one slice isn't enough! If you have the chance, their Roti Babi (Pork Bun) is worth a try too though not really to my liking as I find it a tad too oily!

Does this pair of shoes look familiar to you?
How about these plants that look half-dead...haha
Ever seen this fountain before?


OH no, no one's home! Vanessa, where are you...?
Look at our dejected faces...

Poor Jin couldnt use Vanessa's toilet so the fountain was the next available option.


Since we were in the area, we decided to pop over to Thean Hou Kong temple..I mean, since it was Raya, hey why not pay a visit to a Chinese temple right? (",)

We stumbled upon the 12 Chinese zodiacs, and how could we not pose with them, right? Jin is obviously 'one' with the bunny here..hehe
I too was 'horsing' around...oops did I just revealed our ages..haha...


The tiger actually looked real scary! Tigers don't take ice cream, Yin.
We took this photo for aFu! Jin pulling his ears and I'm left with poking his snout? haha...

Inside the merchandise shops...a set of Olympic mascot made with beads


aFu and ms PiGGy ... so cutteee...

"Can I see your book?"
Waah Yin, ah-Pek also want, his red bag also want!









I actually have no idea what this ah-Pek is supposed to bless me with, but there were certainly a lot of people 'touching' him, so I followed suit lor!














Then we found out Vanessa was in the Gardens, so we headed there next! In the Vincci store..this is me and Jin looking like a pair of fashionably dressed cockroaches!


hahaha...i can't believe how silly I looked...hmm I remind me of someone.


Dinner! Shihlin Taiwan Snacks...their famous Oyster Mee Sua...yum!

Box Set of Fried Chicken and Tofu...so much for senseless fun and and overeating, let's call it a day! *_*



4 comments:

  1. 1. The Dim Sum in the morning is at Damai Perdana Cheras coffee shop nearby Jin's future hse...but..the 'lo mai kai' that day got extra ingredient ie. a dead fly...it might be the cause of my food poisoning lah..so it's up to u whether to take risk next time, haha...

    2. The photo of a table of customers was taken to show a 'fishball' dropped from a kid's fork and rolled to the tarred floor of next table...can you see it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So did you see Hindraf picketing at Bad open house at PWTC, "Hapuskan ISA!", "Bebaskan Raja Petra!", "Hapuskan ISA!" "Bebaskan Raja Petra!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea i saw one group of people in orange T-Shirts who looked like a bunch of oranges...even the Yut Kee lady owner was wearing a 'Free RPK' shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yea i saw one group of people in orange T-Shirts who looked like a bunch of oranges...even the Yut Kee lady owner was wearing a 'Free RPK' shirt.

    ReplyDelete