Fishes and Kolam

9 Oct was a wet Thursday where the fishes came out to play in the rain and three 'kolams' were formed. It was an off-day for me and boy oh boy have I been looking forward to this famous fish-head noodle in a place that I shall call 'ABC'. Why so?...coz even my buddy who brought me there does not know the exact street name of that place... :P Anyways, it turned out it wasn't meant to be for me and fish-head noodle...the shop was closed! As disheartening as I felt when Kimi does not make the podium, there was a glimmer of hope to find another fish-head stall (steamed kind like Chan Sow Lin style, but suits me just fine..) nearby. It was crowded as well but the tauke was quick to get us a nice little windy spot for the two of us.
"This man came alone and he is having an entire head all by himself..."
Very rarely we find a good 'Sa Lei' drink! Not sure but I think it's called buah kedondong.


Man at work





About half hour of waiting and it started to pour...
sOOO many orders...which one's ours??







...still waiting...check out the heavy downpour behind. We had to move a couple of times to avoid the dripping rain water coming through the tent above our heads.




Wouldn't want any rain water going into the drinks now, do we..
Finally! I like my head with lots and lots of ginger and red chilli. A sprinkle of chopped cili padi on top would have added more oomph! to it.
Only had one other dish, the ever-popular 'Lettuce with Oyster Sauce'...the fish-head man literally took like only a minute to dish this out!
YES, I find the name of this place on the receipt...Cheras Flats Steamed Fish...(ok WHICH flat in Cheras, now that's another question)




So,you have the option of...
(a) Driving around Cheras looking out for this man and his little stall; or
(b) Picking up the phone and calling Yong Yin Yin at 012-365 2088...(haha, that's not really her number...she'll kill me!)
Total waiting time = almost 45 minutes
Time taken to devour entire fish head = 10 minutes!
Verdict = 7/10 (could do with a less saltier sauce) but I'll definitely be back simply because I like the way the fish-head man works...very organised and customer-friendly.
Main event was later that day, attending my company's Deeparaya celebrations at our Training Centre, Ampang. Those committee members were hard at work with the preparations for the night event.
Here I am amongst the VPs and AVPs!

True picture of racial unity and harmony!













These people must be laughing...
...at this skinny goat.





Poor goatie...
There was a 'kolam'* competition which saw 3 teams participating. Here's Kolam 1,
Kolam 2,











Choy Phyll and Kolam 3. She is in a Murut traditional costume, something she's been longing to wear for more than a year now since buying it. Looking Murut-y alright...
*Rangoli Kolam (colourful Kolam) uses lime stone powder and colored rice flour for its cleansing properties. When setting foot into the house, one should step on the Kolam to clean their legs, while the rice flour also helps feed the insects, like ants.
Girls just wanna have fun! especially when you look this good... (",)
Sa-cheh and her 'enthusiastic' Corporate Direct girls (Belinda, Normala, Joey, Baizura and Chin).










Everyone making a bee-line at the buffet table. Food was prepared by 'Kampungku Catering' (As I googled it, I think it's the one from Lake View Club, Subang Jaya; 03-5634 6222).





Food was surprisingly good...as long as they've got my Roti Jala..kwang kwang kwang
Lemang and rendang, soto ayam, tauhu bakar with kangkung and sotong were goooood.




These 3 looked so guilty taking the food!

Choy Phyll who was full of Passion that night eventually went on to win Best Dressed (Traditional Costume). I bet the white belt I lent her played a huge role in her winning the title!heehee..hmm do I look 'fat' in this photo :-x


1 comment:

  1. Wei, I just noticed the first photo with 2 girls, one talking to the other with her back facing the camera and another guy facing the camera is all my colleagues lah...Ha ha! Why did you snap them?

    ReplyDelete