istana hi-tea

Recognise this lobby? It belongs to a luxury five-star hotel situated in the heart of KL.
  Did you guess Hotel Istana? :)
 I'm about to enter Taman Sari Brasserie, ready to attack their Hi-Tea buffet line.
 Seated at the very first table as soon i enter the brasserie, the place is spacious yet packed with customers. Every table was occupied; I was told they were expecting 300 people for Hi-tea that day.
 I remember back in Malacca when hi-tea was only RM 20+/ pax. How inflation has played its course - my hi-tea now is RM 75++/pax!
 Somewhat overpriced if you ask me. Especially when the expensive stuff like oyster, lobster or sashimi were not on the menu. I wonder if it had anything to do with imported seafood being exposed to radiation??

Here's all that i had on my plate that day....

 Just had to show you their delicious Apple Crumble, even if only the crumbs.
Tried their local delicacies as well such as Mee Rebus
 and their very good Dhal. Boy, i love a good dhal....i can really gulp down bowls of it like drinking soup.
 i know this looks pathetic but it wasn't at all. This was the remaining of my very peppery Sup Kambing. YUM!
 Everyone loves a good dessert spread, including me.
 Sure they've got a chocolate fountain, but it's quite a disappointment that the chocolate sauce just doesn't harden into this chocolatey crunchy bit. And what's good of a chocolate fountain if there weren't any marshmallows and strawberries to dip with? All they got were fruits scooped into balls... :(
 Hence i decided to indulge in the 'other' desserts.....
 I'm missing the Apple Crumble till today.
 Guess what i'm holding up in my hand?
It's long, hard and jagged looking, best eaten whole too.
i love my breadsticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment