crystal jade..thomas cup....what a flop

Recently I had dinner with some ex-colleagues at Crystal Jade; the pork-free outlet in Pavillion. Not sure what's with the 'Meal Meal Meal'.... asking us to dine there for 3 meals a day kot. Jewel, Eugenie and I .... all working close by and yet rarely meeting up for meals and chit chat..shame on us la, girls!
Sook Jeng being flanked by me and Jewel ... we were all from one same company (Hong Leong Assurance) and we have all since left to join its competitors...(LOL, don't we all....)
Our rather costly drinks ranges from RM 10.90 - RM 13.90.
Really a money (thirst)-quencher la.
Luckily I really enjoyed my Iced Lychee Tea....was looking for my lychee in it though.
The Green tea color's pretty icky.. :p
Good wedges though. They gave a full bowl- most value for MAAneh! (money)
Not sure what's the black stuff surrounding the pasta...Sook Jeng said the sauce was just plain sour..
My order - obviously if you know me well enough, you'd know I was actually attracted by those Tempura Prawns and long beans.
This was quite nice...not too creamy until it gives you that bbblurghhh feeling when you eat too much.
This certainly looks better than it actually tasted.
I didn't try it myself but Eug certainly wasn't fond of it..tasteless chicken, she claimed..too bad girl.
But the one who had it worst was poor Jewel.
She was playing with her dinner after only 5 minutes of digging in.
She sure was expecting it to be something you find at Kim Gary's or Wongkok.
For me, those cheese-baked rice stuff......never a risk i'll take ever since i've had cheese that tasted like rubber band.
Sook Jeng was contemplating which goes well with her carrot juice - evaporated milk, fresh milk or sugar water...and decided to ask for all three.
So you see, the food was pretty bad and the interior pretty plain...except for the lights that changes color from time to time.
But I actually was more interested in their projected big screen.
Obviously I wasn't the only one.
Lots were too...
...including those merely passing by.
If only they had known ...
..that what they were gonna watch on TV...
...was gonna be a complete waste of time.

what a pity.

No comments:

Post a Comment