Kissaten gets a perfect Ten! ..Harith and Douglas gets two perfect Ten(s)!

5/5 was dear's birthday and being suckers for Jap food, I decided to bring him (or rather HE bring me since he was the one driving) to Kissaten in Palm Square, Jaya One, PJ.
I was so hungry I was ready to eat a chunk of alfalfa sprouts!


Yes, the interior may be nothing to shout about. Hell, I don't mind if I had to eat squatting under a tree, as long as the food was fantalicious!! (whoever created such word meaning fantastic + delicious must be a genius!*)
..*- that's me :/

Stealing some shots and trying not to look silly especially to a group of waiters standing right in front of our table.
Dear was at first doubtful of this 'unknown' place...
After ordering our food (and then praying hard we made the right selection), there were lots of reading material to keep ourselves busy.
This was when I thought to myself, "Hey, how come I am the one taking all the photos of the guy pulak?"
As we sat there sipping our strong bitter green tea (which was FOC, btw!) , the food finally came after a short 10 minutes wait (We were the first table there, what do you expect)
My Salmon Steak Set (RM 27.80) was soooooo good, tender and succulent salmon with one of the best marinates ever!
My main criteria of cooked salmon - not over-cooked and not too salty, .... ALL MET!
Dear chose the Katsudon Set (RM 24.80), which means a bowl of rice topped with a deep-fried pork cutlet, egg and condiments. In other words, it's a combination of 'tonkatsu' (for pork cutlet) and 'donburi' (for rice bowl dish).
According to people, it is a modern Jap ritual to eat Katsudon the night before a major exam because the word 'katsu' simply means "to win".

I found the pork a bit too tough to bite. Heck, at first we both thought Katsudon was chicken and was tempted to look it up on the Internet.
The funniest thing then happened. As dear asked the waiter for their WiFi password, the waiter replied him 'Katsudon is pork, sir. We serve pork here, we're non-halal'.
wtf. lol.
He must have overheard us arguing :P
Wanting to order one of their side dishes, I was going for either the potato salad, gyoza wings or this. The Pepper Teriyaki Wings (RM 6.90 only for 4 wings!) came highly recommended by the waiter.
Served on a huge bed of shredded cabbage and lettuce, these wings must have given me wings as every bite lifted me up into an exalted state of joy and satisfaction.
Seriously good.
My set also came with the usual, must-have Cawanmushi,
mushroom heaven!
my fave pickled radish,
dunno why I heart this so much!

and my ooh-la-la miso soup.
Someone was thoroughly enjoying dinner (+ the entertainment) that night ... ... ... ME!

sedap gilerr!!

omg, so Crayon Shin-chan!!
Then,
ask for more...
Moment of truth when I bring out the surprise pressie....
SuDDEnLY...
...........
.......
....
..

SHoCKED!!!
but
still silly-happy with his birthday gift!!
fake smile or watt...

I bought us 2 tickets to a LIVE comedy act called 'The Harith Iskandar and Douglas Lim Show" which was happening in about err...half an hour's time.
Not to worry, it was in Jaya One itself.....LOL...all pre-planned already.
A big crowd that got only bigger waiting for the theatre doors to open.
I was holding 2 complimentary FHM mags. Now, what can be cooler than that?
I know! Having your seats reserved under your name.
Our first stand-up comedian act (Harith + Douglas + newcomer comedian cum local rapper, Reefa) and my verdict ....?
I was laughing hysterically and in tears, my tissue was soaking wet and my face looked so messed-up by the time the show ended.
It was like I've gone for a jaw massage that lasted for an hour and half.
Some of my fave witty lines from Douglas:-
- 'You know those cars with the Baby On Board stickers..? 98% of them do not actually HAVE babies or ANY sign of a baby in the car...What's the deal, man...Why do you lie to me, man...How am I supposed to trust you....Like when you have your brake lights on, are you actually braking?'
- ...and what's the deal with love-bites and how it is supposed to arouse a person..? For goodness sake, it's just a blardy blood -clot la...I was in Taekwondo last time and if having bruises and blood clots on my body are supposed to arouse people, then I'd be one horny fighter!'
- So, one day my friend went to this restaurant where the food waiter gave him food, the drinks waiter gave him drinks and the head waiter gave him ...
(Sounds lame I know.....that's why you have to SEE them, not READ them)
And Harith's style on the other hand takes on a more mature, down-to-earth approach as he touches a lot on the people in his life, especially on his new fiancee (who happens to be the winner of FHM Girl Next Door 2009) and beloved mother. He's one cute chubby fella whose face gets all cringed up whenever he flashes his biggest smile. LOL.
They ended the show with a song on guitar about Malaysia, sung to the tune of 'Empire State of Mind'. This was very well done..I think coz mostly it touches on the current issues us Malaysians were facing...the atrocity and (sad) reality of it all...wicked funny :)
Damn, so funny can really die laughing.
The Laugh Fest is a month-long thingy with many other acts in line, so you REALLY have to experience what I just did. Last I checked, all tickets to "The J+J Show" (Jit Murad and Joanne Kam Poh Poh) happening this Sat and Sun were sold out as well.
My second choice would have been "The Actorlympics Show" where you have a great big bunch of comedians altogether having live fun on stage ala "Whose Line Is It Anyway" style.
Now, don't say I didn't share the good stuff! >.<

4 comments:

  1. Green tea not FOC la, it is part of d set LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh hai oh..sorree, too excited forgot about dat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wah, I also love Harith's and Douglas's show. Have not watch them live yet. I rase nk curi your idea for my hubby's besday lah! hehehe....Can haa?

    ReplyDelete
  4. sure can, beb! but mesti cepat beli tiket...habis cepat tau..go to jaya one and beli today!

    ReplyDelete