Kajang Hot Soup and Kepong Rojak

My BIL, Jason's so kewl, he drove us all the way to Kajang for an impromptu eating frenzy when my bro and SIL were in KL recently*

* in the context of this blog, by 'recently' I mean within the past 3 months :P

Jason first got us all hyped up over some 'char-siew' (BBQ-ed pork) he claimed was the best he ever tasted.

Little did we know, it is usually all sold out by 12.30 (watda...!) and what was left was one miserable chicken hanging in their stall.

All bummed out, we left the place with our tummies rumbling louder than ever. I managed to get the hp number of the stall. Not sure what the rest of the Chinese words here mean, though.
Anything here that reads 'char siew'?

I thought we would have to settle for Kajang satay next... (not really a fan)
Thank God Jason decided to let us try some 'lat tong' (Pepper Soup) at a nearby restaurant instead.

Being a huuuuuuuuuge fan of peppery soup (I literally salivate just saying its name =oP...), you can bet I was looking forward to get myself all 'heated up', despite the scorching weather outside.
Some of their recommended dishes on the menu...SIL in the background scratching her head thinking what to order.
Almost everything ('cept the vege) was served in claypots, like their Spicy Meat (RM 8.50),
Braised Chicken (RM 8.50),
Curry Spare Ribs (RM 8.50)
Homemade Salted Vege Taufu (RM 8.50)
The star of the meal - Hot Soup (RM 25.50)
I didn't quite like the 'khan-choi' (parsley) taste and I felt the pork innards should be in chunkier pieces. HOWEVER, the soup was BLAZING HOT....just d way I like it!!!!
SIL and BIL...fans of Oasis and Good Charlotte?
Dad is always with his newspapers whenever he's in KL
Mum just picked up the knack of wearing a hair band last year, and I think she looks so cute!
The damage was RM 126 for 7 pax which was a fair price to pay for so much variety we had.
I wonder if they forgot to bill for the chicken dish...
After lunch, we did something as crazy as driving all the way from Kajang to the other end of the world, Kepong! Just because we were craving for dessert. Seriously, all the way to the 'Kei Tak Sek' branch in Kepong?! There must be a nearer alternative, but dunno why, I just couldnt think of anywhere else selling dessert (tong-sui) at 3pm.
Another let-down .... the Kepong outlet was not opened yet! lol..

Thank God again all was not lost, as we stumbled upon this road side stall with a very very long queue and decided the best to do was to ... JOIN D QUEUE!
That's the lady seller taking down the orders and counting down the number of remaining servings they have.
That's my sister in there...
Boy oh Boy, were we lucky we managed to grab the last few orders...a few seconds too late and we would have started pulling our hair out.
I may be dark but I am the one who will be laughing all the way to the bank...muahahaha
Bet he is already a millionaire just by making and selling ROJAK!
And you know why?
Because he sells EXCELLENT Rojak with BLARDY good sauce!
In fact, SOOOOO good I have to show you another picture of it.
The lucky ABC seller gets a share of the business too just by selling beside the rojak man...
To pinpoint the exact location of the Rojak man, if you know this church at this cross junction (in Kepong area of course),
...then that's my fave Indian man and his stall with the red roof on the right side of this photo.
Bungkus for me satu peket!

1 comment:

  1. yes!!greed wif yr statement!!!soo delicious,,u guys must try!!!

    ReplyDelete