go wet in awet thai cafe

Birthdays are a great reason to eat good food - like when we all went to Awet Thai Cafe (Jalan Kaskas, Taman Cheras) for Polly's birthday. Supposedly a famous Thai place, though I hardly know of any around other than Nong and Jimmy. My first time here...not for these people, I think.
The place was packed, luckily we booked two tables for ourselves. Otherwise, the birthday chick wouldn't be smiling from ear to ear dy.
(I couldn't stand NOT planting a mole on KF's face coz it was a close-up shot)

The rest of d gang who made it that night....

(doesn't lydia remind you of Taylor Swift?!!)

Then we also have the 'new' love-birds....
and the 'soon-to-be' newly-weds...
say "cheeeeeezz"

Taking group photos...oblivious to the watchful eyes of the other patrons >.<


(err, what's wif the 'retard' look, dear...)


Gotta show you what we ate right?...
Deep-fried Kang Kong (RM 8) - very 'one-of-a-kind' dish, crispy and tasty just like all fried stuff but also very oily lor
The must-have Green Curry (RM 16) - Not the best, but not bad..can't really recall its taste, meaning not the best tasted lor :P
BBQ Squid (RM 18) - Nong and Jimmy's one better!!
anyways, me no squid fan so I only had one 'ring'
The 'inevitable' Pandan Chicken (RM 2.60/each) - Seems like another 'must' with Thai cuisine, eh? I still prefer my 'paper-wrapped chicken' though...P.C. is just all meat, no skin...and I just love my skin....(think K-F-C..)
Now, I could have sworn I also took a photo of the Tom Yam Seafood Soup (RM 7.80/small bowl)...but I couldn't find it in my cam cam anymore. ....the BEST PART of ANY THAI meal and I don't have a picture to show...*sad*
We ate and ate and ate and 'sapu-ka-liao' everything.

Some were belly-happy.....some eat until blur....some craved for dessert...

...but ONLY ONE flashed his Citibank Air Asia GOLD CARD to pick up the tab!!



NO laaa, we split the bill wan leh..

3 comments:

  1. Kia Chao: woi.. so obvious meh? remove my pictures from your wife's blog leh !!!
    Btw, in second picture, the guy in blue shirt is my ex company boss =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice photos...thanks siuv! i like kf with the big mole the most.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. i prefer keat sin's 'pretend look busy'look hehe. aiya. here not FB la, no tagging of pics. u wori too much la

    ReplyDelete