birthdays are all about eating, eating and eating...

I'll start with what was actually a Christmas outing. Just found these photos but because I've already put up my Christmas posting, thought I'll chuck these here under my birthday posting. Anyway, it's still about eating ma! lol. Few of us went to Neway, BTS and luckily we made reservations - boy, the queue was long!

Their K-lunch is really worth it, I must say...RM 16.90+ gives you a main course + salad buffet + soup + drink + about 2-3 hours of karaoke, depending on group size.

My main was some taufu minced pork rice dish. If you're looking for something more 'lavish' like spaghetti or chicken chop, you gotta top up like another RM 1- RM 5.

Or else, I suggest going for their Pizza (no top-up necessary). Yup, it's one of those frozen pop-in-the-oven fast foods, but hey it was CriSpY and to me, it was all that mattered...*grin*. If it helps, they got fries on the side too.

2 types of soup, cream based and clear based soup. I really enjoyed their Old Cucumber Soup (did I direct translate correctly?)

As usual, the Kings of Karaoke - Mark and Luen prevailed above the rest! Maybe their singing prowess came from wearing the number '5' on their shirts ah? lol. I remember these were their over-the-top expressions while singing Eason Chan's 'Fo Kua'. Classic.

While the SYTs were more laid back with Taylor Swift songs. hahahaha. eww, can't believe I just wrote that. You know, I recently discovered a few real catchy songs to wail out in a group karaoke includes Paparazzi (Lady Gaga), Boom Boom Pow (Black Eyed Peas) and Circus (Britney Spears).

Luen at it again. Wai Wah, were you actually posing for the camera ah?

Then, I had the best eating spree ever on my birthday!

It's not whether or not I was brought to a high-end restaurant, but for me, I love it when someone brings me to eat all my fave food!


Like my newly discovered Jap food heaven - Sushi Tei (thanks for the reco, Yin)

May not be priced like Sushi King but certainly more value-for-money as they serve the freshiest ingredients in a creative assemble and manner, consumers like me really enjoy!


When stepping into a Jap restaurant, 3 words never fail to come into my mind - soft-shelled-crab, sashimi and miso-soup!



Tried their grilled scallops and cowabunga, gooooood as well!

I'm telling you, so far I've not found anything on their menu that made me go 'huuhuu, never ordering this again..'

My feast did not end there.

Then I was brought to Crystal Jade, BB for their Lai Meen + Chicken Soup. Good for the soul la. Lai Meen had a nice taste even when eaten plain and the soup was so chickeny, it felt so invigorating.

As if the soup wasn't intoxicating enough, I was also itching to order their Cold Steamed Chicken in Chinese Wine...WAh, GENG-ah the wine!!

Their infamous Xiao Long Bao. Not bad, on par with Dragon-i's.

Here's a great shot of my fried rice with bacon and prawn and chicken. Really tasty and the chicken they used wasn't breast meat! It was tender and succelent. Two thumbs up!

This is me mimicking the Restaurant City customers after finishing their meals. No idea what I'm talking about? Ask any Facebook fanatic.

My eating spree continued with tea at Madam Wong cafe in Sg Wang Plaza. First time here.

Was still stuffed so merely had some teatime snacks, namely Fried Wan Tan and Italian Bread (cheese + ham bread). The bread was good coz I got to dip it in honey.

This was my Yam Milk Tea with Pearls and my partner's Peppermint Milk Tea. As you can see, my drink was given the thumbs down. huuhuu. My drink was flavourful however the pearls weren't.

End of the day, and I wanted to go to Rendezvous for dinner.

The place was dim, these were the only good pictures you get to see.

Just pay attention to the TOM YAM soup below right. That'll do. :)
Dear colleagues (+ Agnes) brought me to SHABU ONE, Lot 10 for a steamboat buffet.

It was like playing masak-masak all over again. heee.

My first time eating popcorn at a steamboat buffet. Better than GSC's. At least I got to only pick out the buttered kernels.

Oh, and their pisang goreng was fantastic too! Sorry, did not think of taking any photos of it, was busy gobbling them up ..so soft and sweeet with a crispy batter.

Look at how messy our table looked after dinner!! Halfway eating, the waiter also gave up clearing our plates.

Proof of why eating too much is never a good thing.
After eating, do some facial exercise..... ^_^



I got my smallest birthday card ever!Signed off not by names, but by telephone extensions!
Gee, I certainly had a tough time figuring out who's who. My poor brain.
Other than that, it's a very well done-up card. Those colored strips of paper have birthday greetings written in different languages and in them, personal messages for yours truly! sweeeet.
Thanks a bunch to these lovely people (and a few others who couldn't make it to dinner)!
And I love every single gift I got!
If you don't see yours here, that's coz it's not with me any more....................in my new crib la. hee.
But mostly, I'm loving my new Lumix baby. Finally I feel like a real blogger. Hopefully you'll now see me blogging more. Otherwise, there'll be a lot of back-log coz I just love snapping away with my cam cam. Better look your best coz I'm gonna be like a paparazzi catching you in candid one day. muahahaha.
And the dearest surprise was this cheese cake made just for me.
He even remembered to make it a little more browner for me ^_^

1 comment:

  1. wow! dat cake sure looks yummy. i wish sum1 would make exclusively for me :)

    ReplyDelete