buh-bye 2009, harlo 2010

I can't believe 2010 is finally gonna be here. So begins a new decade and gone are the 200x years. Do you remember when we used to watch those futuristic films and at that time, 201x was D future? And here, we're about to live it!

Before the strike of midnight, before popping of the champagne (or fruit cocktail) bottle, and before the fireworks display, guess it's always good to reminiscence the good, the bad and the ugly of 2009.

So I did.

My list of firsts in 2009...(as far as I can recall la)...

- flew on my first Firefly
- went to my first charity home
- discovered the worth of a 1971 '10-cent coin' :)
- conquered gunung nuang, broga hill for sunrise and gunung bunga buah
- discovered new Japanese eating places, favourites being Tenji, Sushi Zanmai, Yuzu and the most recent Sushi Tei......gambateh!
- joined in the mad queue for purchasing Amanah Saham Wawasan 2020
- experienced the Sky Trex Adventure
- participated in a few treasure hunts and loving them!
- attended the Bon Odori festival
- watched Black Eyed Peas in concert
- went to Taiping for holiday
- had someone to sing a song specially written for me..(you'll never guess what song..)

Now, on a 'not-so-fun' side, I have reason to kick myself in 2009 for the following reasons...

- missing out on Jason Mraz and Linkin Park (in Spore) concert,
- not being lucky enuf to win grand stand F1 tix in Sepang
- not being able to watch KiMi race anymore
- for coming soooo close to winning the Taiko trophy
- becoming more and more of a lazy bum to put on my hiking shoes :<
- spending too much OT in the office? (hey, at least I don't go back Saturdays)

Some historic moments in year 2009 ....

- joined in Earth Hour (remember this? it was on March 28)
- at the same time, also saw the world economy going into a bad slump, making us all worried about retrenchments while those who still have their jobs are grateful
- the passing of Michael Jackson, in which the impact of his demise was as huge as Elvis'. I just wish all those scoundrels would stop making big bucks out of his iconic death.

And what an unforgettable way for me to bid farewell to 2009 as I send my grandma off on New Year's Day tomorrow. Never thought I would be counting down the seconds to 2010 at a wake.


With the close of 2009, I welcome 2010 with open arms!

Instead of making resolutions (and breaking them by year end), I'm gonna call it

*My 2010 Achievements*

- To adopt much healthier lifestyle which in my case simply means
..... To sleep earlier (erm, time to REintroduce my 11.30 curfew)
..... Drink more water
...... Eat more fruits and vege
...... Climb more hills more often
...... Eat more sashimi (heee...for the good cholesterol ler)
...... Finally learn to SWIM

- Keep aside more savings

- Appreciate and cherish my loved ones and most loved one MORE

- Awaken my domestic side which has been dormant all this while and do a damn good job (As I now have a condo to take care of, which basically means more cleaning and cooking, being handy around the house, learning to be Miss-Fix-It-All, etc….Wwow, finally feel like a grown up :P)

- Be up for another promotion, perhaps? (boss, are you reading this?)

- Bring mum and dad on a well-deserved holiday

- Be an aunt maybe? (erk, now I sound so old)

- Win something BIG in 2010..like a car or handphone.. No more slow cookers please

- Continue to be a happy bubbly blogger bug spreading the happy germs around me =^.^=
One last piece of advice - dun believe everything you read.

HaPPy NeW YeaR 2010!!

3 comments:

  1. Surely u've had a very colorful life... and i wish for it to be as colorful as it was or even much-much better in years to come...

    Hmm.. at least we have a few things in common for the 2010 checklist - which include climbing more hills (hopefully Mt. Kinabalu this time) as well as learning how to swim. Staying healthy is part of the plan too. hehe... oh btw, fyi i also put 'her' (you-know-who) as one of the wish list as well. Like ppl used to say, "better luck next time!"... Graduating (which reminds me of the final exam that sends shivers to my spine... hehe) is not the end of it. I'll find my way to her...

    Happy belated New Year Celebration~ (do ppl ever wished that before? lol)

    p.s. Verily you are responsible for infecting me with ur happy germ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, fauzy for being my regular reader... :)
    happy new year (no nid belated wishes, still in the mood..)
    u will succeed dude! have faith in urself...at least u try and can tell ppl u have tried...! :-)

    ReplyDelete