2009 Annual Dinner at the Meridien

It is actually Thur 10th Dec (i just started posting up these photos on 8th)...and I am suffering from Sore Eyes!!!! Started this morning when I woke up, my right eye felt this burning sensation and tears started to flow non-stop. Dressed myself for work, then as I was walking to the train station, decided to head directly to the clinic instead coz I kept dabbing my teary eye away with tissue paper, everybody was staring as if I was crying!

Got 5-day MC from doc...well of course the timing sucks coz due to the weekend, that means I only get 2 days off from work. bummer.

I'm awake from my nap now, checked myself out in the mirror (woish!) and walau-eh, my right eye seems smaller than my left now. oh well...just thankful that the pain has slightly diminished.

dun play play when it comes to our eyes!

Doc told me there's an epidemic of sore eyes going around now, so be careful who or what you're looking at! :-O



Now on a more 'glamorous' side, here are some photos of my recent company Annual Dinner. No, of course Kiera Knightly wasn't our guest-of-honour....it was just my fantasy of looking like this dazzling sultry star on that night as soon as I was told the theme was 'The Oscars'.

Sigh, too bad I was nowhere near her....except for those long slim arms, I guess.
Disaster no 1 : Didn't quite know how to dress up so just picked out a simple grey flowery dress from from Fashion Lab (at least it's a brand I like...hee) Turned out, my dress was like something out of the series 'Little House on the Prairie', compared to the other low-'V' cut, mini dress, cleavage-showing dresses my colleagues wore. lol. nvm, I'll be bolder next time!

Disaster no 2 : Was too lazy to think of hair styles for the dinner, so I cut my hair to just below shoulder-length, straightened it, and went to dinner just like that. Some of my friends commented they were rather surprised I did not do my hair like I normally would for a dinner..drat.

By now, you would have guessed our dinner was held at Le Meridien, KL Sentral.
and the theme, 'A Night at the Oscars'. Here are some of the pictures taken that night...
If only we had more attentive waiters like this fella that night.
No wait, he's not a waiter.
He's our Actuary, Mr Bulkhan.
Belles of the night....
Fione, Ai Lin, Esther and Gwen
Of course gotta include me too...!
Vanessa, Samantha, Choy Phyll, Ai Lin, me and Belinda
(it shouldn't always be black or shades of it for dinner wear, ladies!)


It's like I'm being held captive in this photo.
Yin, Fenny, me and Fong

It's tradition to take one for our Department. Don't we all look the healthy bunch (We're from the Health Department)
Moon, Choy Phyll, Priscilla, me, Ai Lin and da Boss, Raymond

You know pictures of the food's coming, right?


It's Chinese-style and everyone's glad the food's pretty good :)
More group photos. Coincidentally, back row's are the single ladies, front row's all married. lol
You know the saying 'all singles flock together'?
Jin, me, Li Jiun, Yin, Fong and Phang

Nosing into the Commercial Lines department...

( just kidding, Mr Ong... hehe)

Le Meridien and KL Hilton have an adjoining lift lobby leading to the carpark and this is the walkway leading to/ from Le Meridien's side.
This photo just HAD to be in my blog because Ng here looked so tai-louish (just dunwan to mention the 'h- -s - -' word) with the 2 young ladies by his side..rotfl
Much thanks to the Annual Dinner committee for making the night a blast!!
And for their brilliant idea to having a 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire' gameshow LIVE on stage with a remarkably witty host none other than our HR Manager, Mr Syukri. Our table won btw, not a million RM but 600,000.....rupiah(!) All in the spirit of good fun and games, anyways though I wish the prize money would be like RM 10,000 next time..and that's muktamad!
As it is customary to present the Best Dressed award in our annual dinner, it is also a yearly affair for Normala (dressed in fur like Cruella de vil) to put herself on stage as one of the contenders. Respect the persistence, man.
Meanwhile, check out the couple in black towards the back right of the stage, checking out each other...woohoo I can see sparks flying... * * *
In actual fact, the girl was warning the guy not to step on her dress when they do the catwalk later.. =_=
Too bad she didn't win the award as it went to our well-deserved Ms Amy Lim and her Greek-inspired gown. I think it looks really beautiful!!
Amy and Belinda
Whilst the Best-dressed Male went to our very own Moon!! Yey!!
Looking good, baby!

Surely I gotta put this up too...this is the Original TSUNAMI team (the Treasure hunt power pack!!) I also thought Elly looked really good and deserved to be a nominee for Best Dressed too!
me and my 2 best buddies fooling around...
..and keeping it real ^_^
For your viewing pleasure, you get to see a tiny 'us' here..
My rewards for the night ... a Pensonic Slow Cooker, RM 10 Jusco voucher, plastic photo frame and a door gift of a mini torchlight and a first day cover from Pos Msia (?!).
Sucks that I missed out on the redraw of the lucky draw 1st prize of RM 2,000 cash prize. Yup, you read that right...a RE-draw. The initial winner gave up the prize and opted for a redraw. She probably had too much cash in hand or maybe she was afraid of being robbed while driving home.

Next year, I'M bringing the cash home.

2 comments:

  1. hahaaa..so far i think this is the best post. so notty haa on the photo comment ;D. dan x lupa terima kasih atas pujian thehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. elly: thanks sweety..my pleasure... :>

    ReplyDelete