sook fun's wedding

Have you ever traveled >200km to a small town just to attend the wedding reception of a friend you've not seen for 8 years?

I did and I found it rather fun.....probably because I wasn't the driver (hehe)

Me and Siaw Chin went to our ex collegemate's wedding dinner held in Menglembu, Perak.
After much driving around, we finally arrived at 7.30 juuuusssst in time for the happy couple to take their place for the ceremony to begin. (note-i take it that wedding dinners held in small towns are punctual to the dot!)
Which also explains why there was time for only one of us to pose with the bride :-(

Siaw Chin and Sook Fun

Never underestimate this small town........it packs the authentic crunch of Menglembu groundnuts! and the restaurant that I went to served one of the best, unique wedding dinners I've ever had! I'm talking about bird's nest (to replace shark's fin), fresh and dried scallops in almost every single dish, cod fish (!), macadamia nuts in their stir-fried vegetable dish (can still taste the crunchy roasted nuts in my mouth) and a very good pumpkin dessert!
Man, I'm feeling hungry now....

It was so good that I was starting to doubt the angpow money I had given...imagine that! heehee...

standing in formation for a photo shoot

Luckily we managed to 'steal' the happy couple away from the crowd for this memorable shot

Here we are, the proud Astarian reps (1st College from UM) - See Ling, Hui Fang, Siaw Chin and yours truly.
All the best and stay blessed to the newly-weds! ;D

4 comments:

  1. dat's where d kacang is rite?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oih, baca betol2 la..i mentioned abt d kacang jor lor..
    no chance to visit d kilang tho..

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey i think i know sook fun too!! :P

    long time ago lar... hahaha... more like 9 years ago!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yaa..engineering fac rite? lol..
    it's a small world after all..

    ReplyDelete