my first malay wedding

The good thing about Malay weddings - the invitation is extended to your 'entire family', which usually means a parent declaring 'ok, family.....we're eating out this Saturday (or Sunday) lunch'.
And I find that 'rsvp' is not so much of a mandatory 'thing to do' as they always make sure food served is in abundance to feed an entire village...or two.
It IS after all, in the good true spirit of 'muhibbah'.

And the 'not-so-good' thing about Malay weddings (at least I find myself experiencing it); it is more often than not, held at some distant far-away place from where I am in KL.

Hence, my gleeful delight as I was invited to one held just in Cheras area.

I decided to attend the wedding lunch.



Never mind that I have never met the bride before :-)
coz it was my colleague's sister who was getting married.
Here were the flower-girls looking nervously at the cam cam...
My colleague, Elly with her ecstatic greet.
I actually arrived half hour earlier before her. lol
Elly's sister - one happy happy bride!
Elly mentioned it was a must for the bride's face to be 'covered' as she walks into the hall.
Doesn't this look like Elly's sister and I have known each other for a long time?

..uh, 5 minutes was more like it...heehee

No comments:

Post a Comment