jojo, u're da best!

On 1st April, 2008, a 22 year old demure and petite girl by the name of Jocelyn Ho Shuk Mei (lol, there goes any chance of hiding your identity, Jo) walked into my department reporting for her first day of work. No April Fool's joke, this one.

At first glance, she seemed like little Ms High-and-Mighty but after just a day of her sitting right in front of me, I saw her to be more like little Ms Humble-and-chin chai.

Being a fresh grad with no inkling whatsoever about the field of medical insurance, she surprised me by picking up real fast on the matter, and within a week, was already nagging our insurance agents for misplacing client policies. No wait, that's me.
Jo would have gladly reprinted them.

Throughout the months, I always had this feeling that she'll never stay long in my department..for the reasons that
- she's so frigging young! (i know it doesnt make sense, lol..and for the hundredth time, Jo..me and u..NOT almost the same age dear..i know my maths, hahaha)
- she's too smart to be baboon-ing around in the same zoo as me (notice i used the word 'zoo'.. heehee)
- she's always dreamt of being a pharmacist, SOOOO watdaheck r u doin in insurance line...(!)

Reality finally kicked in a year later as she finally decided to pursue her Masters in Pharmacy. As I'm writing this, she's already in Perth, all ready for classes to begin like tomorrow, I think.

As much as I would have loved to spend more hanging-out time with Jo, the gang managed to bring her out for a dim-sum lunch at Marco Polo's last week.
And being the money-conscious freaks we are (not to be misread as 'kiam-siap'), of course we went on a Monday where there was a 50% discount on all dim-sum... ;P

The entire gang + Marky (the 'unseen' cameraman) + 1 camera shy person (can you spot her?)
Now now, don't cry Jo...I know it's hard leaving us...where else would you find super-cool colleagues like us...
I will certainly miss you dearly, Jojo...and so will the ladybird sitting on our fence.
I will miss those times when you were my scanning-aid and Google-aid.
I will think of you when watching my next Powerpuff Girls episode where they battle it out with Mojo-Jojo, or when talking on the phone with Jocelyn of Tan Chong.
You're the girl that surprised me by even knowing songs like 'Mr Postman' and who Tommy Page is....(!) Oh, and you're a 'bag-person' so much so that now I know the difference between a Burberry and a LV and a Coach and a.....
With the career path you're choosing right now girl, I'm pretty damn sure you'll soon be flaunting designer bags around as much as I'm lugging Jusco plastic bags.
dat's our dearest ms jocelyn ho
a really sweet girl with a heart of gold
hope you become what you want to be
may you find happiness and lots of money!! ^__^

1 comment: