beautiful bukit tabur (melawati)

I'll be frank. After months of coaxing and persuasion, I finally plucked up the courage to climb Bukit Melawati (Bukit Tabur).
Reason for my procrastination?
...for fear I'll fall and die.

Almost a year later after my climb, I am finally posting it in my blog. (Yup, I actually climbed this hill in Sept '08)
Reason for my procrastination?
...pure laziness.

So, if you're wondering about my fear of not making it back from the climb, let's just say you'd know what I mean if you've been here before.

Bukit Tabur is located in Selangor between Taman Melawati and UIA Gombak. The hill, which is less than 1000 meters in height, is a quartz/limestone combination formation. Climbers enter the hiking trail via Kampung Klang Gates, 50 meters from the gates of the Klang Gates Dam, at the back of Taman Melawati for a quick 3-4 hours climb. The Gombak Forest Reserve and Klang Gates Dam are beside the hill.

Which is why I vote this hill with one of the best scenery as the peak offers the most amazing view of the Klang Gate Dam.
Look at the view behind Agnes and I
Yup, this was how clumsy I looked as we repeated such climbs about 5 or 6 times throughout before reaching the peak.


Thanks to my RM 6 rubber shoes and a good helping hand from Gan, I made it!
Let me warn you though, if you plan to conquer this hill, be prepared for a lot of climbing using your bare hands and feet (ok, you would have shoes on). Mind you, this hill has practically no safety ropes (moreso, safety nets) so teamwork is truly important to helping one another up, or down.
I can remember having to give my fullest concentration the entire time, while replaying over and over in my head the beginning scene from the movie 'Vertical Limit' :P
and the breathtaking scenery makes it all worth it!!

So, who wants to go bouldering with me next time? ^_^

6 comments:

  1. OMG! it looks soooo dangerous and soooo extreme!!!! btw, der's 1 pic where u r actually stepping on gan's hand LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark : oh ya lar...very mcm gan is lifting me up with one hand la! lol

    CO : na na nAAAAHHH...u say wan ah...next time call u, betta come along wan ah..

    ReplyDelete
  3. lemme know in advance laaaaaa 2 weeks... my schedule very crazy these days :(

    i pwomizz i will come along for SURE!!! next weekend??? :) following weekend will be in china lar....

    ReplyDelete
  4. hohoooo now everybody know's u going to China.
    ok, shall keep u posted!
    shud drag pauline along

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes yes drag her along... BUT... not going to drag her UP!! i think she's too heavy for me.... :P

    shhh dun tell her lar!

    ReplyDelete