ck dental surgery delivers.

Just completed my 3rd and final visit to the dentist for my Root Canal Treatment (RCT). Yup, serves me right for neglecting my annual visit to the doc, and allowing caries to destroy the nerves in my tooth! Yeowch!
Pity me and pity my dentist for having to treat the nerves located in 4 canals of my molar tooth (in which 2 of them were curvy, with one shaped like an 'S'!) Due to the complexity of my canals, doc set me up for 4 appointments in all. Not to say he can't get it done sooner, but more likely it is I who will not be able to open my mouth wide for too long in one seating. 
Well guess what, i endured it all in 3 visits, thanks to a bite block (to keep my jaw open) and a whole lot of determination. It helped too to have a doctor that counts down on the duration of time; '20 more minutes......10 more minutes......2 more minutes......give me 1 more minute only....' 

Due to its location in Sunway Pyramid, i wouldn't have gone to CK Dental Surgery, but then it came recommended by dentist friend, so there i was. 

After getting my RCT from Dr Siow, i have no more doubts about him.
Yes, my usual impression of dentists (especially those who're always 'fully booked') are they want to get things done quickly to make way for other patients.
Well, Dr Siow is exactly the opposite!
He takes time to explain every single detail, from giving me a pep talk, showing me all the tools and gadgets he'll be using (kinda freaky), runs through every procedure step-by-step and talks about the duration needed. He even showed me the big hole in my tooth after it was drilled into, and the 4 canal openings...i went 'ewwwww' and told him i'd rather not see. hahaha.

He is such a down-to-earth dentist, he's least concerned that he doesn't talk like a professional surgeon.
Sure once or twice, he doubts himself (out loud) or erroneously selects the wrong size of equipment (at first), but somehow i never once lost confidence in him. I think its his very humble demeanour towards his patients that makes him a very likable dentist. Few times, i met some parents who brought their young kids to him. And the kids actually come out skipping from his room. hahaha.

And omg Dr Siow was soooo freaking polite. He would apologise whenever i had to wait like 10 minutes later than my appointment time.
He apologises whenever my saliva started trickling from my mouth due to over-flowing (yea gross i know).
He apologises when i shift in my seat, thinking he'd hurt my tooth or something. lol.

Even his 2 young female assistants are very friendly.....Sorry, they were too shy to be in my photo.
So all you get is theis simple yet nicely decorated counter. .
 How about a doctor who displays his charges for all to view?
I paid a sum of RM 830 for my RCT (that's RM 700 for the Root treatment and RM 130 for the deep filling). How about that? Not bad for having to open my jaw wide for 2+ hours , for 3 weekends in a row.

As i am highly pleased with Dr Siow, i really hope his RCT would last me for a long long time. Though i'm already convinced that he has made a good name for himself out there. A hardworking chap he is, works everyday till 8pm except every Tuesday when he's closed.

Best thing is, when you make an appointment, they try their best to be on time for you.
Proven when you see only 3 chairs in the waiting section. ^_^

3 comments:

  1. very nice facility , I think I would like to give a try with this dentist :D

    Dentist in Kuala Lumpur

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Winner! This is a great facility. Dental surgery is surely a breeze in this kind of atmosphere. It is somewhat like Estetico Manila.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dental surgery is really needed as soon as you know you have dental illness.

    ReplyDelete