pop's birthday at renaissance kl

Dad was in KL for his recent birthday so we decided to bring him to Renaissance for a nice dinner.

It was a matter of coincidence that we went dressed in yellow. Though I could say it was coz yellow symbolizes richness and nobleness for the Chinese.

And also coz Dad's name is "Wong" (yellow) Fat (means "rich" btw).
Arriving at the posh hotel, can't help but notice their deco which reminds me so much of sepak takraw.
We've reached Dynasty, a Chinese restaurant nicely tucked in a corner of one of the many wings in this hotel.
Nice quiet ambience for a good family dinner.
We had our own private room, thanks to sis' booking in advance. Outside, not too many tables were occupied even though it was a Wesak night.
Here's my other kind of 'sis', Jade (bro-in-law's sis).

Sucks that I look like I'm in some kind of maternity wear. =P
If you hadn't already noticed, we were all posing with this illuminating light in the background as it was the only interesting backdrop in the room. lol.

Here's what we ate...Everything you see here tastes as good as they look, if not better!

4 Seasons - nice! Everything here was made of fish paste, each had its own unique flavour and texture. Very tasty.

The Roast Duck was fantastic! Didn't expect the skin to be still so crispy so late at night.
That night I learnt something new - stay away from ordering 'sun hock' fish (Marbled Goby). Sis told me this dish alone cost >RM 300. *gulp*

Even with its melt-in-your-mouth texture, the price to pay is ridiculously high, it makes you wana tapao the bones as well to make soup, feed a dog or something....!
This is Black Pepper Lamb. Looks like a big pile of mess but it is blardy good! Meat tender and sauce just right for everyone's palate. Mango salad in tangy sauce complements well as a side dish.
Final dish of the night ... Stir-Fried Lotus Root and Celery in Yam Basket
I love the YAM Basket more than its contents.
Dinner was sadly over...sniff..I was eager to see what other spunky dishes could the kitchen whip up.
Then again, even if our tummies could still take it, don't think our wallets could.
Regretfully, I can't tell you the prices of the dishes though as sis paid the bill and I could only guess the bill to be around 700+? (pengsan)

Most importantly, we all got to spend some family time together and Dad enjoyed every bit of it down to the last crumb on his plate. ^>^

We even got a Cake for Dad.
Making a wish that your durian trees grow up strong and healthy, Dad?
The cake was fine - not the moist kind, but rather compact like it's been sitting in the fridge for some time. Not leftover, I hope.

My first time eating this 'birthday pao' with lotus seed filling.
That HUGE pao right in the middle....had like 7 little paos in it . LOL..i like it, so cute.
We decided to have a little fun after dinner just to see who has the best mirror shot.
This was Mark's.
and here's mine.
I know, this one's so badly taken, it looks like we have a horizontal moustache running across our faces.
And no, I'm not wearing a maternity dress and holding my belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment