yey i went to kuantan today

Guess where I went today? Well, technically it should be yesterday since I'm writing this at 1.30am.
A place I've not been to in 10 years............it's in Kuantan la!
And here is me looking REAL happy after answering nature's call in the airport toilet.

It's a really really REALLY old run-down airport. I was told that business was so bad that flights by Air Asia and Firefly here has been cancelled, leaving only MAS as the sole survivor with only 3 flights a day.

And it's a really really REALLY small airport - one that takes you only 2 minutes to alight from the plane and walk out of the airport building. That's way cool from the usual 'walkathon' you need to go through when disembarking in KLIA, don't you agree?

Too bad I wasn't in Kuantan for leisure - I was to give a 2-hr briefing to the Kuantan branch agents.
I spent a generous amount of time in this little room today, reading my Star newspaper. Again. And again.

Then again.

You see, due to the very limited flight times, timing wasn't really according to MY convenience, so there were lots of 'idle time' spent waiting for the briefing to start.
Of course I also had to (pretend to) go through my training slides.
Still (pretending to be) going through them...
Until I was beginning to fade away .... ... ... .....
Oops, I meant my imagination.
Anyhow, briefing was done for a group of 18 agents and in no time, I was back in my favourite room of the day, to 'goyang kaki'.
(Dun worry boss, obviously AFTER mingling around with the agents, pushing them for more sales, blahblahblahblah) :):):)
I recall 2 interesting encounters with both my cab drivers today.
The one who picked me up at 6.30am to KLIA actually had to use his GPS to get there!
And the frigging GPS must have gone bonkers az it kept going 'Recalculating....Recalculating....Recalculating.....' -_-
Makes me wonder that with GPS nowadays, ALL of us could be taxi drivers dy, man!
My so-called 'limo' driver that brought me home just now was even funnier.
Next time you travel by road from KLIA back to KL city (using MEX highway), first chance you get to seeing the KL Tower and Twin Towers against the skyline, try and notice what's on the right side of the Twin Towers.
It is what appears to be a VERY huge ring of bright gleaming orange lights floating in the sky.
After a few discussions, oddly we came up with this conclusion -
It's a U.F.O.
Funny thing was, as he drove further on,
all of a sudden, it was clearer to us and we both went
'OHHHHHHHHHHH.....'
It was Genting Highlands.

No comments:

Post a Comment