at millie's new house

Sis and Jason invited us over for a steamboat cum house warming at their new beautiful home in Gombak. As beautiful as these little things swimming about in this pot of boiling rich chicken stock. Yummmmy...
Looking at this picture reminds me of this popular Cantonese joke that goes like this:-

In this pot of steamboat, Mr Fishball was talking to Ms Sweetcorn but wasn't getting any response from her...
Why is that so?
......
.....
....
..
..because 'hoi dei mei sok' (which in English has 2 meanings - 'they weren't cooked yet'/'they weren't so close as friends yet')

Lame is it? (sorree..)

My cousins (Cathleen, Alicia, Josephine) and Jo's fiance (Ah-Thiam I think) were there too.
I do know Jo is becoming Mrs YAP very very soon... Welcome to the YAP clan, girl!
Did I miss the memo that says this was to be a black-themed party?

My sister made these delicious baked chicky wings as appetizers. They're black due to the honey coated wings. I hope she'd figured out how come there was so much excess water at the bottom of the tray after baking. Lesson to learn - never attempt to bake too many wings in one tray?...guess those chicks need room to breathe.
And everyone gets winged!
This is me, Annie and dad as the only ones paying attention to the camcam.
aiya, auntie looking all over the place coz too many cameras!

Dad's real proud of his drink corner - serving d best cincao drink in the world!
I've learnt the secret is good top-notch quality cincao (means those sold in blocks at the wet market, NOT in tubes from the supermarket) + thick sugar water boiled with as many freshly plucked pandan leaves as you can find! sweeeeeeeeeeet.
Mum takes a drink of water from the exhaustion of working in a huge huge kitchen. And this is only the dry kitchen part. Wet kitchen's behind those glass doors.
Sis's kitchen is like 6 times my kitchen! While I love the white island right smack in the middle, mum finds it a joy that there are 5 kitchen sinks for her to conveniently use.
I found a hole in their living room wall!
We were trying to look like a poster hanging on the wall!
Nice garden outside with perfect lighting and a Japanese koi pond! Nope, you can't see the pond here - let me take another photo next time when the fishes don't look like the size of an ikan bilis.
This is some really skinny bamboo garden if you ask me.
Best picture of the night!
k, so maybe I did some photo editing.....but it DID made you go 'ewwwwwww', right? ^.^

3 comments:

  1. Last picture sooo creative! Hehehe...

    By the way, ur sis house very nice! home sweet home

    ReplyDelete
  2. sis : tq, tq...btw, they r guppies, not ikan bilis, so happy waiting...they aint getting bigger

    ReplyDelete
  3. tq, tq
    btw..those are guppies, they aint gonna get any bigger...so happy waiting

    ReplyDelete