you are hired!

Today, I made a fresh graduate's dream come true - I gave him a job!
As I picked up the phone to call him, can you believe I was trying to come up with a script and even rehearsed it a few times (in my head, of course). Being a bearer of GOOD NEWS, the key was for me to sound enthusiastic but not TOO excited. Wouldn't want the guy thinking "see, told ja I'm the best guy for your company!"

Here's how the conversation went...and what I PERSONALLY think were running through our heads at that time :-

After the phone rang for quite some time...and I was about to give up...

Me : Good morning, may I speak with Edward?
(duh, of course you're Edward since I dialled your handphone number...!)

E : Hi I'm Edward (in croaky voice)
(aiyo who kacau me so early in the morning...)

Me : Hi there, this is Sylvia from AXA GI
(hmm baru bangun ke apa ni...)

E : oh OH, HI SYLVIAA...ya ya..
(oops, Very Important Person calling me..must pretend to be awake)

Me : Sorry to wake you up so early in the morning (it was 9.30am btw)
(nyek nyek purposely want to catch you off guard)

E : (clears throat) oh no la no la..i got this flu
(please buy my excuse)

Me : Just called to say my boss was very impressed with you during the interview the other day and we would like to now offer you this position as xxxx. We are confident you will be a great addition into our team.
(YEEESSSS!! Scripted, rehearsed and perfect at take 1!)

E : Oh wow thank you..thanks.
(like reading from script je she)

Me : Our HR shall contact you with further details. Any problem, you may call me ok.
(sure dunwan to be the one to tell you your salary)

E : oh OK. Sure. Thanks.
(basket, how much is my salary oso dunwan say)

And the conversation ended quite abruptly. Coz I forgot to think up that part of the script.

Still, I hope everything goes well and we made the right choice.

Freshies are a gamble for both themselves (as the employee) and the employer. The corporate world is so like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get from them.

For most, a job is the greatest start and hope for new things to come...
and old debts to go.

Like paying off your study loan, so fresh loans may be offered to your juniors.

If you have one, do the right thing.
Be a responsible person and pay it off once you have steady income.


Or else, God will destruct you.

3 comments:

  1. may be one day ur post will be 'you are fired!'....: P

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol..so Edward, if and when u read this, beware!....haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. im so scared! haha

    ReplyDelete