fond CNY 2010 memories

I must be the last blogger on earth to reopen the CNY chapter :)
Finally, bye-bye to Digi....my Internet connection is a much much more stable one (though on sharing basis for now), hence I'm back to my blogging ways...
Better late than never!

Remember when we used to go house-hopping collecting ang-pows during our secondary school days?
More than a decade later, I did it again covering altogether 8 houses!

First, we went to Agnes, Woo and cute-cute's cozy condo in Ampang.
Cute-cute's the one with her tongue sticking out.
She looks so feminine and her tongue's forever drooping out.
Am I skillful or what as I took this playful shot of her...!
At only 3 months old, she probably shouldn't be jumping around so much...


Then there was Choy Phyll (seated far left) who invited us for a very rare home-cooked meal at her house in Subang.
Very rare indeed that she cooks a feast like this for her colleagues!
Got my fave soup!!
And my second fave pepper soup!
My fave grapes (well I prefer Thompson Seedless) but this is perfect too!
So good, we can't wait to dig in to the food.
All cooked by this beauty...... hehe (dun scold me for posting your wedding photo here...can't help it la, found it in your bedroom and it looked so HUUUUGE)
Everyone ate to the fullest and even Ah Woo went into deep slumber...
This is what happens to people who dozes off in the middle of a party.
This is Ai Lin (in red and white sleeveless top) and her bf's condo in Genting Klang, very very near my condo in fact.
Here, they made me sit behind coz the 'bigger' ones are to be 'displayed' right in front..if you know what I mean.
Off we went to this couple's beautiful new humongous house at The Peak, Cheras.
Again, I caught their wedding photo in the bedroom :)
That's Vanessa - still looking the same 15 years later...?!
How a BOY'S room should look like...
and why is PINK always the theme of a little girl's room?
Gosh, someone caught me desperately searching for the most 'hangus' cookie...*guilty*
While we took lots of pictures,
a particular pair was extreeeeeeeeemely camera-shy....(hmm, you know who you are la haahhh)Next, we were fortunate enough to visit a master chef's house...Phang's place. She's the one in white on my left.
Her dad's a great master chef and has written several cook books.
We had the liberty of trying his scrumptious Wan Tan Goreng....simply superb!
and when Uncle Phang asked if we wanted more...
voila.! Out came the tastiest cooked sausage in sauce ever...I think it was a mixture of Worchestershire + Tabasco + something else I forgot! hoho..is it in one of his books?
As it became later in the day, our spirits did not falter though the number of people grew less and less. Probably because of the ang-pows we were looking forward to at each house.
Also in Cheras, we popped into Fong's humble home.
Liked her CNY deco...looks like a pineapple eh?
She tells us the story of this really big graduation framed picture, worth over RM 1K given by a family friend.
How come so expensive?
It's actually a piece of cross-stitch! Such a masterpiece, I must say!
This is Jin's place (in Cheras, where else)...'nice to meetchu, auntie'...
I was actually holding a pile of angry shit.
At Yin's place, me and Jin got a GOLD coin each!
..which turned out to be chocolate, which then melted all over my tote bag later at night..boohoo..
How come Jin got a second gold coin, I have no idea.
Had dinner outside too....During CNY, all Chinese restaurants are packed so don't be expecting top notch quality in their food.

These are the pretty ladies who were once Mark's classmates in Form 6.
By this time at their house, I was pretty much looking like a zombie dy....ever met a zombie with a bag full of ang pows?..hehe
And the following morning, still had the willpower (yup, that's all it takes!) to crawl out of bed, head over to Tmn Desa and have Snow Ice (RM 6.90) with Sarah.
The 100 Yen Shop serves really really good Snow Ice...We had the Green Tea (topped with Red Bean)
and Longan topped with Kiwi Puree and red 'jeruk'..Man, just talking about it makes me wanna go get one bowl now!
Fond memories of CNY in 2010....Possibly my last year of getting that extra cash 'bonus' I get every CNY, but nevertheless, definitely looking forward to many more harmonious and joyful CNYs to come!
Till then erm.. happy belated CNY...?

No comments:

Post a Comment