the tooth hurts!

PEOPLE, IT HURTS LIKE HELL!

Got MC today as I went to the dentist for a really really bad tooth ache.
Turns out (as expected and feared), I need a Root Canal!! *moan* *groan*

As I researched from the net...

***************
Root Canal
Root canal refers to a component of an individual tooth that lies within the tooth’s root. There are at least one and as many as four root canals in each tooth and their function is to connect the tooth’s nerve (which lies at the tip of the tooth’s root) to the tooth’s crown (the visible portion of a tooth above the gum line).

Root canal therapy is an effective way of cleaning out infected pulp from a tooth. If the pulp of a tooth becomes damaged beyond repair it essentially means that the tooth has died. This damage is usually a result of a cracked tooth or a deep cavity and becomes visible if an abscess (a pocket of pus forming at the tip of the tooth root) develops. In this procedure the infected pulp must be removed from the pulp chamber and the root canals. The pulp chamber and root canals are then thoroughly cleaned and enlarged after the infected pulp is removed. A filling is then attached in order to prevent bacteria from entering the root canals and pulp chamber areas. A crown is placed over the tooth in order to retain the original shape of the tooth.

If treatment is not sought at that point there is a possibility that the infection of the pulp can spread to the root canals. In this case the bone holding the tooth will deteriorate and can lead to the falling out of the tooth. In these instances it is recommended that the tooth be extracted and replaced. A missing tooth will lead to the shifting of teeth to compensate for the empty space to the point where the existing teeth will become crooked. Due to the difficulty of cleaning between crooked teeth there is a chance that these teeth will become infected and eventually further tooth loss.

***************

Talk about a hole in my tooth, I've got a bigger hole in my pocket!

It's gonna be a RM 600+ procedure. WAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!
(To my dear HR, where is my dental benefit when I most need one...)

That's excluding the RM 80 X-ray of my entire set of teeth + RM 30 consultation fees = RM 110 that I 'bled out' today :(

A...a....and...anddd as if to burn a bigger hole in my pocket, the X-ray also shows that I'm due for my wisdom tooth extraction as well!! !@# it was growing slanting HORIZONTALLY and almost wholly embedded in my gum...I shudder to think of the horror stories I've heard after wisdom tooth extraction..........yikes MUMMMMMMMMMYYY!!!!!

I'm not sure which one's more torturing - having the actual root canal being done on me OR the EXTREME agony of WAITING and withstanding the jabbing pain until I feel like yanking out my whole jaw. I wonder how am I going to survive the days until my next appointment with my very-fully-booked dentist next Thur.....this is NO APRIL FOOL'S JOKE ahh.

Better stop writing now before I go crazy..

If you ask why aren't I on painkillers?
Well, told my dentist not prescribe any coz I know those ain't good for me...
Crazy right me? Told ya....

Maybe it helps if I just look at this whole episode positively....

Hmm, this is a good test of patience and endurance for me?.....if I can't even stand this sort of pain, how to go through child delivery rite? *gulp*
(shit, not a good comparison to make)

Good time for dieting?.....ate just an ice cream scoop and a sandwich the entire day....just lost all my appetite....

Chewing on just one side of my mouth ain't fun and if I eat something that requires chewing, my painful tooth and swollen gums send a jolt of electricity to my entire head. Yea, it is THAT dramatic!

That's how I spent a whole hour finishing my Subway sandwich just now, till dear dozed off in his chair.

Now I practically just swallow everything that I put in my mouth. Hope I don't get indigestion problem next.

Guess that means no vegetables for me for now...

Dear Dr Lim,
Please save the tooth, the whole tooth and nothing but the tooth...
'YeowcHH' truly,
poor siu V o_o

No comments:

Post a Comment