kooci kushi q

My Japanese food hunt frenzy continues with this blogger-recommended place called "Kushi Q", obscurely located on GF of Tropicana Mall. Everyone's first impression of this place would be "wAh, eat satay ah..all batang-batang wan".
Take a closer view and how it works is this...They have various sets of meat combinations - the cheapest being the 'Set A Chicken' where you are served 3 sticks of tender juicy chicken meat grilled in 3 different styles.

Next, select either A1/ A2/ A3 or A4, depending on your palate and of course, your budget.
There was no doubt I'd take A2 since it had my fave miso soup and 'hot spring egg' just sounds too good to pass.
See see..what did I tell you about the E-G-G.....!
Even the rice soaking up their so-called Special Chicken Sauce was super tasty.
Back to the Chicken Set and yup, at some point, I was seen picking at those sesame seeds.
The meat and sauce was very well-marinated though, but quite cold when served to us. Wish they'd reheat it in the Auto-Griller right before serving.
For the next set, we decided to be a little more 'adventurous' so, we took the "Chicken + Beef + Seafood Set". I like that they gave us scallops as one of their 'seafood' item - the other being fish.
Here's an even juicier shot bound to make your mouth water!
Here's one thing I don't mind eating cold.... SOBA!
If Set meals are too heavy for you, then order the individual sticks. The prices are really reasonable too for even the teriyaki sticks sold in Jusco are priced around the same.
The Seafood sticks costs more.
If this is 'Sea World', why isn't the Chicken called 'Land World'.....
My verdict : Overall, the food is a 7/10 and the concept's something fresh and different but the waiters DO need an immense improvement in their PR skills (and hearing), so I do not need to repeat myself 10 times when giving them my order or when I request for my green tea refill. ><
Small little restaurant it may be, but you can even surf the net here, using their free WiFi services!
..or so they claimed.

No comments:

Post a Comment