glorious food at flower drum

singing: ..."I should be so lucky...lucky, lucky, lucky.." to have one of those rare opportunities to dine in a fine Chinese restaurant, Flower Drum.

A much talked-about place that supposedly serves really gooooood Chinese food at quite a hefty price. I recall having a really satisfying durian pancake here umpteen years ago. Don't ask me who paid for it though.
This place is so posh, one must really mind one's manners here. Which also meant I had my quietest lou hei ever.
"Mmm, this place is part of Tai Thong group of restaurants, so should be good", me thinking.
"Hope we're not having the abalone yee sang coz me no take abalone," me thinking further.
It was a CNY set dinner and they served us the Salmon Yee Sang (yey!) instead.
Here's the rest of the very impressive dishes from our chosen set, each in its own class and superb taste! 10 out of 10!
Braised Shark's Fin Soup with Crab Meat and Bamboo Piths
Deep-fried Crispy Pig Trotters with Sea Moss
Steamed Red Snapper with Mushrooms & Beancurd Skin
Baked Tiger Prawns with Butter & Spicy Sauce
Stewed Mixed Vegetable with Dried Oysters
Master Fried Rice with Assorted Waxed Meat
At this point, we were stuffed and had to tapao the rice!

Double-Boiled Ginger Tea with Aloe Vera & Glutinous Rice Balls
(a fancy name for something we the Chinese usually just call tong yuen)

New Year Sweet Delights
(so THIS was what they referred to as 'sweet delights'....I was half expecting CNY cookies already)
We even got FREE red Wine! But how come we always need to ASK for it geh, instead of them giving it to us right away...hmm
That night, I also learnt how Chinese mustard (known as kai lat) can be a great dipping sauce for lots of things like fish or even your bowl of shark's fin. Same effect as wasabi.
A very happy me after dinner... :P
Either Mark is so damn full or he needs to run to the loo.
You too would be smiling like this fella if you just had a dinner soooo sumptuous.
Especially if it was a RM 698++/table dinner, and you needn't pay a single cent. :P

1 comment:

  1. Hi siu~V,
    Kindly be informed that this post has been reprinted on JoinMe.com.my, thanks. ^^
    P/S: We have put your name and link credit back to this article.

    ReplyDelete