PoPeYeS Louisiana Kitchen

Have you set foot in this new fast food outlet in MidValley?
It's the Popeyes Chicken and Biscuits franchise, first ever to open in Malaysia I think. To be precise, a fast-food restaurant that serves New Orleans Cajun Fried Chicken.
The story of Popeyes started way back in 1972. And no, we're not talking about that spinach-eating, muscle-bulging, pipe-smoking husband of Olive Oyl. The name 'Popeyes' was named after the character Popeye Doyle in the movie 'The French Connection', some movie I think only my mum and dad can recollect.
History lesson over.
I know you're more interested in the food.
If you're a first-time customer, you must try their famous biscuit. Tasted more like a scone to me.
Exactly what attracted me to this place? Apart from its fully occupied seats (which usually means something's good cooking), the fried chicken looks good.
NOTTTTT!!!
My only consolation of its rather tasteless batter is a real tender and juicy texture of the meat.
Suggest you think twice about ordering the fish and shrimp set. Why?
You may as well just have fish & chips elsewhere...(like at my fave Fish & Co) and don't even get me started on those teeny weeny shrimps.
The best performance of the set meal goes to the whipped potato and coleslaw.
With a standing ovation from Popeyes very own sauces.
Couple of months later when I walk past this restaurant, seems that the crowd is gone. What a pity.
Well, one man's meat is another man's poison. So, YOU try and lemme know.

No comments:

Post a Comment