let's go hakka

There's somewhere I go to every Sunday (well, almost).
Nah, I don't go to church.
Even better, I drag my lazy ass on an even lazier Sunday to this particular makan-place in Pandan Indah (row of shops opposite the police station).
And it's SO worth every sluggish muscle in my body.
Not having THAT many places to compare with, this is the best HaKKa Mee I've ever tasted.
The homemade noodles are so good without that kan-sui (alkaline) taste, texture springy to perfection and not too soft. You know it's good when they sell even their raw noodles.
Topped with scrumptious minced pork and a wholesome dollop of diced spring onion, can you believe I can even eat it just like this, even though it looks a bit bland?
Looks dry but it's not!
My very first time having this reminded me of the wan tan mee in Melaka. You know, the 'white' kind (the very famous on Jalan Bunga Raya) with the exact same chilli sauce as seen below.
This is my friend showing how best to enjoy your mee.
Make it redder if you like it spicier!

Request to change to their Pork Ball, otherwise, the little bowl of soup that accompanies your noodle comes with the normal fishball (by default). If I'm not mistaken, they charge an extra 20 cents for the pork ball and that suits me fine... :D
You get 3 humongous balls!

Only after numerous visits, I discovered that the mee I've been eating all this while was called 'Fine Noodle', instead of the 'Hakka Noodle'. Ironic?
Whatever, it's easier to just go by the shop's name. lol.
Look at how red the remaining sauce is! haha..like I just had curry noodles right?
I can proudly say this is one of my favourite food where I WILL eat to the last bit!
(guess the other one!)
So there! FOC publicity for this fineeeee place.
Not to mention, I also just revealed what a laaaazzzzzzieee girl I am on the weekends.. :P

2 comments:

  1. wualaueh... empty bowl picture dun take laaa... make me lose appetite oni hahaha... :P

    nowadays a lot of hakka food joints coming up la... especially here in puchong! :P wonder why....

    ReplyDelete
  2. is that so? wow..then when you check it out in puchong, lemme know the good ones yah!

    ReplyDelete