alexis, the gardens

Tonight I bought my housemate, Pauline her birthday dinner at Alexis. It was a pre-celebration since I would not be in KL on her actual birthday this Friday. Besides, haven't had a proper sit-down meal with her for ages, so it was a good catch-up session. It was very quiet when we arrived at this cosy simple looking restaurant, but in no time at all, people started coming in, filling up almost 80% of the tables. 'Looks promising even on a weekday', I thought, nodding (It was my first time trying out their meals, usually I just go for their cakes).
After hearing out the waiter's recommendations, we decided to settle for this instead, (not in his recommended list, mind you)
Chicken and Mushroom Pie (8/10 partly due to my fave shoestring fries) - RM 20
Pauline adores mushrooms and so do I, so obviously we couldn't get enough of them.
Hence, we got this too:
Thin-crusted pizza (so crispy, I like!) topped with mushrooms (lots of them!), feta and mozzarella cheese.
Al Funghi Pizza (9/10) - RM 31

We downed the food with a glass of iced cold 'Citron Presse' (sounds glamour, but it's merely Soda+Lime w/o the sugar so it was just...sour?) and Peach Soda (just peachy for Pauline).
Dessert has definitely got to be their best-selling Tiramisu (RM 15), though I swear their slice has shrunk a bit since my last visit here about a year ago.
Drat, should have also gotten the Alexis staff to sing Pauline a birthday song.
Everything was great, food and service up-to-the-mark and we were so engrossed in our bubbly conversation,
when all of a sudden Pauline let out a shriek while pointing past me.
I screeched in my seat at the horrid sight of this six-legged brown-winged pest which was scurrying on the cushioned seat towards my direction.
EEEEKKK!!!
now, if only it looked this friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment