famous bakuteh in melaka

Next time you're in my hometown, try out this famous bakuteh shop in Batu Berendam. I do not have the address but I hope I'll be able to guide you there lest my super-duper memory fails me (to be read as 'you had better ask me fast, knowing my short-term memory would probably bring you to an entirely different corner of Melaka).
According to my Dad, they open from morning till late afternoon.
Not to mention Dad even told me about the couple who runs the place...something like
'waaah u know ah, the Lady was once married to the Guy's brother who then divorced her...then ah, the Guy also divorced his wife...so ah, since both Lady and Guy found themselves single, they were like "Hey why dun we get together and sell bakuteh"...' dun quote me now.

I've tried numerous bakuteh eateries but this particular one sure takes the cake for serving...

... the biggest, meatiest and chunkiest pork slabs!
NICE that they do not stinge on their 'treasures-in-a-pot'.
Not to mention, the soup was herbalicious too...just suits my palate.
They even served Yam rice...I'd prefer mine with plain white rice.

How I eat my bakuteh ... flood my rice (white pls) with the soup and eat it with lots of cili padi!!

YUP, that's it! I'm a sucker for all kinds of soup!! and who could forgo the yew tiao...

And the first time I see their vegetable dish 'very' generously topped with greasy, 'heart attack-inviting' pork fat!! *guilty*
nah, didn't touch those pork bits... *phew* Could not resist the pork though...delectable! And all for RM 39 only (3 pax)
Now I'd better go jog my 50 laps.

No comments:

Post a Comment