darn those meds..

Is it just me or does all company's panel GP gives the crappiest of meds the first time you visit them?

By 'crappiest', I don't mean prescribing flu meds for a gastric problem, but rather giving you a Grade C (or D) med instead of the real deal.

I'm getting the idea they're doing this
- under the 'orders' of the company which recruited them as a panel, in a move to cut cost.
- so that the patient may return for a second time in their attempt to get a stronger, which also means a more expensive medication
- to start the patient off with a milder medication as stronger types might be detrimental to the body
(I'm hoping it's the latter)

I'm saying this because I'm feeling I've wasted a whole week from work, all because I've been taking the wrong antibiotic medication. Ok, maybe not wrong, but certainly unsuitable.
My body temp has been on a roller coaster ride the whole week and I've felt like a pill-popping doll. I may as well be Ms. Panadol.

All it took was a friend to drag me to another doctor (non-panel, mind you) last night and it was then that I discovered I had been swallowing the very very mildest form of antibiots (probably just fit for kids). No wonder I hadn't been feeling a tad better!

Needless to say, I got a better antibiots this time around even though I had to pay RM50 for it. All it took was one green capsule to make me sleep like a baby last night and for me to wake up with a smile on my face this morning...I MUST have slept well coz I dreamt I was making Eggs Benedict for breakfast for my besties, Yin and Jin!! Seriously.

and also maybe that's what I get for sticking my nose in front of the AFC channel day in day out for the past 5 days.


Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment