Good Luck Kopitiam @ The Palette

Now it was just my luck that i stumbled upon this cafe while food hunting one day.
With such a corny name, it makes one wonder if it was the right translation from the original Chinese name.
Ok, i think i get it now - Yup, Good Luck Kopitiam sounds way better than Thank God Kopitiam. Plus they did mention 'Since 1980', so not sure if they first existed in Nanyang in 1980.
I fancied its interior of a quintessential traditional coffee shop decor with its old-styled flooring and wall tiles. An array of herbal drinks, their infamous black soy milk, cakes and fresh dim sum displayed out front shouts 'pick me! pick me!' to customers walking in.
ZmhXpxYpxHQ/X4Pvcq1Kx7I/AAAAAAAATGg/yNxEOUj3PPcqB3V9PPSuN-d03pJ5GUUvQCLcBGAsYHQ/s2048/0E4BB053-C84F-41ED-874C-A5D8ADB0DD8C.jpeg" style="display: block; padding: 1em 0; text-align: center; ">
tps:https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEj7syV3Ewd7m1teki6heLCPzh7qNByDiVqTTVlPXWuy_EAUjJEYjb_xl28grOZtdPzfZimZ1P4n7Bipt36NknS2w3u4hcBhr15s4xZUOz9ByQIVfLv_6jGD9V59RwTPh-d1OS1oCzw5g7tF/s320/0E4BB053-C84F-41ED-874C-A5D8ADB0DD8C.jpeg"/>
And so i did. I picked my fave Crispy Yam Puff and their signature Crispy Bun with char siew filling. Both were alright. A decent plate of simple fried bee hoon with vege and egg for below RM 5 brought back memories of my primary school days. Their Dry Curry Noodles was actually quite dry but well packed with long beans and chicken pieces. Something about seeing long beans in my curry noddles really appeal to me... a close second after the cockles of course!
You know how some waiters would cross out a dish which they have just served to track your order? Without having to carry a pencil/ pen with them, the waiters here use their finger nails. Lol. All in all, a nice decently priced place which serves one of the best milk tea for my liking. Pretty damn close to what i had in HK. Definitely worth coming back to savour more of their goodies! Very family and kid-friendly dishes too. So far there are only outlets opened in Setapak and Cheras. Good luck, Good Luck Kopitiam! Hope you're here to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment