Kitsuzo Izakaya ... a place for good food and laughter

As much as i love my sate, i'm always on the hunt for a good yakitori place. Perhaps I like to believe that eating chunks of grilled meat (and veggies) from a skewer means i'm getting variation in moderation. An izakaya is THE place for my food on sticks. Izakaya means a Japanese bar serving a variety of snacks and light dishes accompanied by drinks (mainly alcoholic). In my latest exploration of izakaya places (with most of them mushrooming in Hartamas/ Publika/ Solaris area), i found Kitsuzo Izakaya. 

A small little cosy place where you are required to remove your footwear at the entrance and walk past their kitchen (and freezer too!) before heading to your table.  

It was nice of them to reserve quite a spacious tatami room (equipped with sliding doors for privacy) for just the 4 of us. One is free to pose all they want behind closed doors. 
Not to mention, 'Switch' all they want. 




First thing that caught my eye in their menu is this Grilled Lyretail Grouper, which i had hoped to try that night, as part of the promotional set which i had pre-booked earlier. 
But alas, as they were ending their promotional sets, they had ran out of some of the items and hence had to replace my grouper with some other item. 😑

Fried Yufoo (N.P. RM 12.90)

Hiyashi Buta (N.P. RM 13.90). This was kinda bland if not accompanied by the pungent sauce.

Darren staring at my Yuzu Shochu (RM 20), wishing he could have a sip

Shrimp Cucumber (N.P. RM 24)

Fried Prawn (N.P. RM 12.90)

The fried tiger prawn was indeed succulent and meaty!

Fried Udon with Pork (N.P. RM 24.90) - 2 thumbs up for top-notch flavour and udon texture!

Skewers galore.....! Shitake (N.P. RM 10) + Eringi mushroom (N.P. RM 10) + Hotate (N.P. RM 16) for 2 sticks each. Mushrooms were cooked to perfection with just the right earthy, slightly woodsy umami. 

Tiger prawn (N.P. RM 12) + Pork Belly (N.P. RM 16) + Chicken Wings (N.P. RM 14) for 2 sticks each. My fave was the pork belly, dun mind the amount of fat on it making it crispy on the outside yet still maintaining the juiciness of the meat. 

Garlic Fried Rice (N.P. RM 12.90) - flavourful though my personal preference would be 'more garlic please?"

At this point of time, i was already stuffed from the food placed in front of us. Yet it did not stop me from ordering another 2 sticks of their irresistible pork belly and pork cheeks (for sharing, mind you) 

We finally got served this piece of deboned fish which was not on the menu. Nice and flaky, if only i wasn't too full to fully enjoy it. 😝 

Time to pack up and leave with yet another memorable dining experience.

On my way out, the owners were considerate enough to gather our feedback from dinner. I was full of praise for their perfectly grilled meat (and mushrooms). Oh, and as a yuzu fanatic, I informed them of my anticipation of a stronger drink. 😂 
Meanwhile, I do hope they have more awesome promotional deals in the near future so i have a great excuse to bring my fam bam back here.   


Nom-nom place 💨 Kitsuzo Izakaya
Waze me at 💨 Wisma Rapid, 30, Jalan 30/70a, Desa Sri Hartamas, 50480, Kuala Lumpur
Call for reservations 💨 012-309 6520

No comments:

Post a Comment