'EMO' = Emotional MOther?

MOtherhood is such an eMOtional turmoil for me. More recently, experiencing more downs than ups - i blame it on this nagging flu that i've been having for a month. Just when i think i'm on the road to recovery, then comes a round of interrupted sleeps, and Mr Flu Bug comes to visit again. Now i feel like this cold's stuck with me forever....plus tons of housework (esp washing and cleaning that never seems to end!) with practically nil rest during the weekends, i really can't distinguish my tears from my mucus anymore. 

No, not complaining...just dying to voice out. I very well know that these are a parent's sacrifice, even more for those who doesn't have additional helping hands. On the brighter side, there's something good that comes out of this - a quicker slimmer me. 

And despite everybody around me asking when i'm getting a second one, I sometimes do get emo and wonder if i dare go on and have another child in the future. With the state i'm in right now, mentally drained, physically unfit, and help-deprived, things MUST change first. I can certainly start by nourishing my body with its much needed nutrients and vitality...damn, i miss my mum's herbal concoctions. See, even I need a mother's love right now... =]

It's pretty amazing i still have time for my blog ya - in fact, i find it a great 'Ranting in Silence' channel. Plus, baby's fast asleep now so i have some time to spare. 
My only consolation right now - looking at my boy's lovely bright eyes...

In a blink of an eye, and he's 7 months now.

On 1st August, his bottom front teeth started to grow.
Biting on whatever he could grab within arm's reach, is now his favourite pastime. Thank god i got him this hippo teether. Plan to get him some teething rusks too.

So i headed over to IBEX, which is by far one of the best baby expos i've been to. 



My haul for the day :-

At least i didn't forget the rusks. 


Sigh, just what i needed...... retail therapy. Never fails to help a woman distress.

Now i just need more Mega-Sales to cheer me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment