xmas in suka

Malaysia is one country where we celebrate each other's festivals, particularly when it comes to Christmas time. Whoever started the tradition of giving presents to one another during this season, is a genius. At least, in the eyes of the commercial and retail moguls. I for one, can certainly get used to getting a present (again) just 5 days after my getting my birthday gift. :)

Don't you agree Christmas is the most beautiful time of the year? No other festival even comes close. Just check out the malls, streets and even offices and be amazed at how everyone simply wants to be a part of this season.

Whether it's a 4-storey high brightly decorated Christmas tree,      
or a waist-high tree which looks like it belongs in a house,
the flickering lights on a Christmas tree never fail to make my heart flutter with joy.

A few colleagues and I had a gift exchange recently. My second one ever! Yeah, so pariah I know.   
Nevertheless, it was fun organising one and made simpler by inviting only female colleagues. Imagine the agony of cracking your head thinking of what to buy a male colleague. Our terms were simply 'no mugs, no photo frames, no photo albums and no food'. I'm sure you'd agree that we all have tons of those sitting around in the house collecting dust.
We went to this new Asian restaurant in town (along Jalan Nagasari near the Park Royal Serviced Suites) called 'Suka'. 
So, what's to like about this place?
For one, the decor's nice and its dimmed lights very soothing to the eyes.
So soothing that I could easily fall asleep in the middle of dinner.
I've been here a few times and some of the better dishes are their Nasi Lemak, Portuguese Baked Seafood, Fried Tong Fun and Nasi Goreng Kampung. Not the best in KL, but the quality's there and for the great ambience, it's still worth the price.
I do dig my drink though. It's Soy Bean with Chendol and Gula Melaka. If I recall correctly, I think it was priced at RM 8.50. Expensive all right but currently, Suka is giving away 30% discount off their ala carte food and drinks during dinnertime. Generally, their main course costs about RM 9- RM 13 before discount.
After a good meal, a 'belly happy' us then drew numbers for our gift exchange.
As usual, we were the noisy ones in the restaurant, I didn't really dare look at the other tables. :P
Then we did the 'unwrapping of gift' session after we all agreed to 'fake' our appreciation and enthusiasm afterwards, regardless of whatever gift we got. heeeheee.

Here's what we all got for each other. Mostly very feminine stuff, 'cept for what I bought - a box organiser cum stool. :D
This is what I got from Belinda. Lighting's so bad, this is the only color I can be in so you can see me.
A (much) clearer shot of my cutesy lovely scented candle with tiny seashells in it. So adorable, where got the heart to light up this baby?
I think we almost brought down the restaurant in the way we reacted when Choy Phyll gave each of us a 'bonus' Christmas gift - this 3D Bust Up Roller.
Dun play play oh..Keeps 'them' firm and avoids sagging, you know. I wonder what the 3D is about though.... Triple D Cup???  *determined grin*
Christmas will be over soon. And I can't wait for it to come again. 
Next year's gift exchange will be bigger (than what I gave this year), bolder (than Choy Phyll's gift) and better (I-Pad for me perhaps? lol ).

And everything that started this tradition? It was believed that Jesus used to receive gifts from the three wise men.
And I don't mean Moe, Larry and Curly.

1 comment:

  1. Quality posts is the important to attract the viewers
    to pay a visit the site, that's what this
    site is providing.

    ReplyDelete