NZ Day 13 : NZ - Kuala Lumpur!!

1/10/10 (Fri) :

All the bags are packed but I'm not ready to go home......... :( :( :(

We came with 5 bags and are leaving with 5. With all those souvenirs and over 50 kiwis we bought, can you see how good we are at packing? eh-hem.
Off to our last Continental breakfast that came together with our package of NZD 95/night.

Before that, we tried to get confirmation from the front desk if a cab had been arranged for us that morning.

We had an awful experience the night before when we tried to pre-arrange for our free transfer to the airport only to be dismayed that we had to instead take a cab (at our own expense) because they wouldn't have any available drivers since we had to leave so early in the morning. WTF!

And this morning when we wanted to check if they had indeed arranged for a cab to come for us, the front desk lady merely looked at us hopelessly and wasn't able to check for us because 'the earlier shift girl had left and didn't leave any message'.

Lesson learned : Hotels with a Qualmark rating may not always be true.
(Qualmark is NZ Tourism's official quality agency that assess all accomodation, transport, activities and services in NZ to ensure world-class experiences to visitors. Read more about it here.)  

I doubt ours fit the mark of a 4-star hotel, judging from their lousy front desk attendants. Really hope they start acting or at least, make a bit of effort to be more cheerful.  

Anyway, luckily the hotel did serve me a wholesome breakfast.
It was still dark outside.
I fell super duper in love with this cereal. Been looking for the exact same kind back in KL but fail so far! Anyone have any idea where I can find them............?
By the way, cereal with canned peaches rock!
So many variety of spread, including Marmite!
The Bacon and Eggs were to DIE FOR!!! Gawd, I really miss them...
Bread toasted to perfection.
I am clearly oblivious to the surrounding as I am hooked on my cereal.
After a quick breakfast, we took a cab to the Christchurch Airport for a fare of NZD 27.
I was leaving NZ! Can't believe I survived the crazy cold in the various places I been to for the past 13 days.
Air NZ, here I come!
Here we are, leaving the snow-capped mountains behind. In fact, the snow was beginning to melt from the mountain peaks. Doesn't it look stunning from inside the plane?
I love their domestic flights...They served us delicious muesli + yogurt and a healthy tasty huge muffin.
Why can't Air Asia serve us free food or light snacks leh?
Bye bye countryside, hello big city of Auckland.
Auckland Airport.
The hustle and bustle of it.
Since our MAS flight back to KL was scheduled at 1.30pm, I wanted to wait till they served lunch on the plane. As tempting as a Subway restaurant looked to a hungry me, the kiasu-ness in me told me to waaaaaait till I board the plane.
I went to the bookstore and I found this.

If we have 'HOT' mag in Msia, they have 'HEAT' in NZ??
Here's what I was served on my flight home...
Then there was NZ ice cream....mmm
And tea was served at 3-something...
On my 11-hour flight, I had an incredible 5-movie marathon (Yup, didn't sleep a wink....) and felt incredibly tired by dinner time.

Sorry for the photo quality, though. I blame the turbulence. heee.
By the time I reached KL (which had a 4-hour difference from NZ), i was like a zombie from not sleeping for 24 hours. +_+

And yet deep down, I was feeling on top of the world because I have at long last, fulfilled my life-long dream holiday.
I enjoyed every second of my time in this magical untouched world and hope everyone can experience the same as I had.
Trust me, beautiful doesn't even begin to describe it.

Thanks baby, for making it happen.

As I bid adieu to New Zealand, I'll be singing "i'm leaving on a jet plane, duno when i'll be back again..."

No comments:

Post a Comment